Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows

Old 12-12-2012, 08:08 AM

Default Exporting a session problem

i did a session copy to desktop to dvd to take over a friends house to add mores parts.
my friend has protools express on windows 8 and i have mac pro osx lion
of course i compress the files before they went to dvd.
on the pc i extracted all the files,opened session mix window came up. hit play button no sound. Checked for audio files,no audio files.

Can protools express on win8 read a session from mac osx lion 7.5 using protools 10. Is it something different i need to do ?
everything from the was there except the audio files.

thanks
Old 12-20-2012, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Exporting a session problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by everettb21 View Post
i did a session copy to desktop to dvd to take over a friends house to add mores parts.
my friend has protools express on windows 8 and i have mac pro osx lion
of course i compress the files before they went to dvd.
on the pc i extracted all the files,opened session mix window came up. hit play button no sound. Checked for audio files,no audio files.

Can protools express on win8 read a session from mac osx lion 7.5 using protools 10. Is it something different i need to do ?
everything from the was there except the audio files.

thanks
Hi,

Just to confirm.

The way to do this is to use the option in the save menu "save copy in" then save the session to a new location on your hard drive.

Also remember to click the box for Items to copy "audio files" otherwise you will not be including the audio!!

Note: another good thing to do before doing this is to use.. select>unused, in the clip menu then select clear in the clip menu and just remove unusued files from the session. This will stop you from including all the unused clips that are not active in the session but will still take up disk space, especially if you want to zip the session and send it internete etc.

P.S. I dont use Express, so cant confirm all these functions are part of express!!!!!!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Exporting a session problem

I'm having serious issues with a Pro-tools file. First I have tried endlessly to export the project and it starts but eventually stop somewhere. Since that didn't work, I decided to do my vocals inside the project and export later. However, it has refused to export and after encountering a 9013 error message, a major part of the recorded vocals goes missing. Please what to I do to recover vocals and eventually export the file