Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 07-01-2022, 05:32 PM

Default Get Current code doesn't work

I bought a Get Current code yesterday from AudioDeluxe. Yay!

I logged into my account, entered the code and get this:

"Customer notification:
Sorry, the code you provided may be invalid. Please check for typos and try again, paying particular attention to characters that may look similar (such an "8" and a "B").

If you are still having difficulty entering your code, please try entering it here."

The code was copied and pasted (several times). I've tried Safari and Chrome. Boo!

I was really hoping that this transaction would go cleanly. That would be atypical. It seems that there's always some kind of problem doing business with AVID.

Standing by, hoping for help.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Get Current code doesn't work

Sorry. Please reply with a case # or I'll start one for you to get the code.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:19 PM

Jeffro,
Thank you. I haven't started a case, my head hurts from banging against the wall. I'd appreciate you starting the process on my behalf. I'm happy to provide the code (off-line, obviously) by forwarding the Electronic Delivery notice from AudioDeluxe whenever needed.

I appreciate your help on this issue. Again. This isn't the first time you've had to intercede on my behalf, which says something in itself. Pro Tools has it's own operational issues and I accept that; what's troubling to me, and should be to AVID as well, is how badly the AVID business does business.
Old 07-02-2022, 10:29 AM

Checking your account shows the code was used to add the product to your account already - you'll see a new Perpetual Product listed first under Pro Tools Studio at https://my.avid.com/products (above your existing product_ - you just need to click Select upgrade options to select your existing license to upgrade from. I'll report this to the team to see if we can get that error dialog improved since it's not an invalid code but rather has just been used already (by you).

avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/FAQs-1-Year-Upgrade-with-Software-Updates-Support-Plan might help with the steps for this upgrade.
Old 07-02-2022, 11:52 AM

Jeffro,
Many thanks for your help. The instructions provided worked.

A few notes -
1) The "new perpetual license listed above my existing product" is there today. It was not yesterday. I assumed that after the "I'm thinking" animation ended, the page would be completely updated and ready for the next action. Is this normally an immediate page update or is there a lag beyond the animation completion for the new entry to appear? Parenthetically, I'll mention that just previous to starting the code submission, I tried to check the DUC but received a server error page (something about the header being too long); I doubt that the DUC and the store are colocated on the same server, I just mention this for any forensic investigation y'all may make on this.

2) I was stumped for just a minute when "Submit" had no effect. I had not clicked on the product description. Upon reflection, it makes perfect sense that there could be multiple licenses from which to select and that a selection would need to be made. In the case of a single listed license however, wouldn't it make sense to simply auto select the single license for upgrade?

3) The expiration date is listed as June 30, 2023. I entered the renewal code at 1800ish Denver time on July 1, and completed the steps just now, around 1200 on July 2. One or two days is a small thing, but can you clarify what date is used as the basis for registration please? For the sake of my OCD....

4) A personal note - as I mentioned, I seem to be a magnet for business-related (store) problems with AVID. If not for your assistance Jeffro, I'd have bailed from AVID completely years ago. You are the HERO of the company from this user's POV. I'm grateful for your assistance once again.

5) Note to future me for the next time (I have another Reinstatement in the bank) -
Enter code.
Wait for the new product line to appear.
Highlight the single product.
Thank Jeffro, even if it went perfectly this time.

One of my customers once said that "Your best customer is the one who'll tell you what you're doing badly". Please take the above in that spirit....

Last edited by Bob L; 07-02-2022 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Added observation
Old 07-06-2022, 05:57 PM

Thank you for the detailed feedback. Will pass this along to the team and follow up directly.