Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows

Old 06-19-2015, 12:25 PM

Default Pro Tools Express and 3rd Party Plugins

Hello,

I'm sure this was answered but I did a search and didn't readily find the answer. If it was, my apologies.

I'm a PT 11 user and I have a number of plugins that no longer work in 11, being they're RTAS, such as DrumCore 3. Also the Native Instruments free bundles, which are still not AAX. I'm going to get my son a cheap interface that comes with Pro Tools Express and wanted to verify PTE will recognize the software.

When I first got into this, back during the Digidesign PT 8 era, I was given a free version of Pro Tools (PT Essentials, I think it was). It did not recognize third party plugins at all, and had its track and aux limits as well. You could only use 3 inserts, and 3 sends per track, etc. Is PTE, in essence, a full version that's stripped down of the free VI's and limited by track count, etc? Does that make sense?

Thank you in advance,
Mike
Old 06-19-2015, 12:33 PM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools Express and 3rd Party Plugins

Hi Mike,

Pro tools 11 usually comes with Pro tools 10. You may just wanna install and use it, instead of purchasing Pro tools express. But you need to use the same ilok key and you will not be able to use 10 and 11 at the same time.

Best Regards,

YD
Old 06-19-2015, 12:36 PM

I think you may have misread what I said. I'm buying the pro tools express for my son. He's getting shipped off to Japan with the Navy. PT 11 is what I use in my own studio, that stays with me.

Aside from that, PT 10, for some reason, crashes my system. I only use PT 11 (for my own work).

Mike
Old 06-19-2015, 01:16 PM
Avid

Hi Mike,

Oh I see. But yes! Pro tools Express can run third-party plugins as long as it's RTAS version.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/faq/en436171

Best Regards,

YD
Old 06-19-2015, 02:54 PM

Thank you very much. I'll definitely proceed with my purchase of the Fast Track Solo at Guitar Center. Do you know, can plugins like Mini-Grand be purchased and used with PTE?

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hi Mike,

Oh I see. But yes! Pro tools Express can run third-party plugins as long as it's RTAS version.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/faq/en436171

Best Regards,

YD
Old 01-29-2018, 10:56 AM

Hi -
my PT express doesn't recognize my Aria RTAS plug-in; is this one of the unsupported plugins?
Old 05-03-2020, 09:53 AM

Hello,

I'm a Pro Tools LE 8.5 user, I've recently installed some new plugins by Blue Cat's but somehow my Pro Tools doesn't recognize the aax plugin folder and files by "Blue Cat's". Can you please help me?
Old 05-03-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Dem View Post
Hello,

I'm a Pro Tools LE 8.5 user, I've recently installed some new plugins by Blue Cat's but somehow my Pro Tools doesn't recognize the aax plugin folder and files by "Blue Cat's". Can you please help me?

PT LE doesn’t support AAX plugins.

If the plugins you bought have RTAS versions (some Blue Cat plugins do) then you need to install those.

FYI - The last version of PT to support RTAS was v10. The last release of that was in 2013. Basically, you’re going to find it very hard to find any new plugins moving forward as not many developers are creating RTAS versions of plugins anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk