Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows

Old 06-20-2017, 04:31 AM

Default Freezes while loading plugins. Unable to read location

Hi there.

Just bought today a Fast Track Duo Interface with Pro Tools Express. My computer uses Windows 8.

While launching for the first time Pro Tools Express and loading plugins, this message was showing "Access violation...Unable to read location". I am not very savvy but what I did was deleting all previous folders/archives from Pro Tools First in Programs Files in windows explorer. Then, in Pro tools properties (right-click on icon) changed compatibility to Windows 7. I am not sure if this will work for you.
Just wanted to share this as I had a lot of trouble until I finally fixed it.
Hope it does.