Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows

Old 09-13-2016, 08:22 PM

Default Midi playback problem!

Hi,
I'm using protools express with an mbox and a m-audio keystation midi usb controller. At first the controller would stop working randomly. I tried the usb powersave and so on. Eventually swapping usb hubs seemed to work. Now the problem i'm facing is at some point while working on a session the midi stopped triggering audio.

The controller is picked up by protools, the midi notes are recorded on the instrument track but there is no sound. The Midi works fine on other sessions. So I'm stumped as to why I stopped working on this one... MIDI through is checked. I played around with changing the input slot for the VI a to b to c. the output is to earphones. I put on input to check after reading it may help but no use.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Midi playback problem!

Hi liam !

Um ... I remeber to have the same behavior once and it turned out to be my m audio keystation controller . It worked fine with some cables only . At the end i had to be replaced for another controller :-/ .

BUT do you test the controller outside protools ? There is an utility to test midi hardwares in windows . It is called midiox , google it . Test differents lenght usb cables if possible .

Let me know
Old 09-16-2016, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Midi playback problem!

Hi and Welcome to the Community

Could you please post more info on your computer setup like PC/Mac aswell as OS. If you check your power saving features and make sure you don't have any USB port sleep mode or any other functions on as those need to be OFF.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————