Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows

Old 07-22-2012, 12:13 PM

Default Dowloading the Software Round 2?

I would like to know how I can re download the installation files from the site and start over???
As I tried this, by logging onto my account, I was not able to, as the site tells me that my PT Express
registration has already been used.

After four complete days of failed installation and problems with PT software and hardware, I have a new problem. As it turns out, I had to uninstall protools. Afterward, I could not reinstall the program, because when trying to reinstall from the very folder I originally downloaded from the PT site-
the setup file will not work. I have tried this over and over and it just freezes and says- "not responding".
I also had to do a sytem restore, to try and restore my computer back to the time when PT was installed- but
it will not work, because one of the Pro Tools files can not be restored.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:48 AM

Default Re: Dowloading the Software Round 2?

Yes Dude,
I had the same problem.
After logging in to avid.com, don't go to "Download and Activate Products", but rather click on the link below it: "Veiw my product details".

There's a blue "download" button under the writing. click it and all your downloadable files are there :)

Hope this helps