Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows

Old 07-07-2012, 11:56 AM

Default Recording with Pro Tools Express on Windows 7

Hello everybody, Iam new to Pro Tools and Mbox Mini. It's been a rough one but I got everything installed. I cant figure out how to record. Im a recording artist and I want to do my own cd's. I know how to create a new session file and ad the tracks and name them. I just don't know how to laythe tracks down and play them back.....also when I plug my condenser mic in and set the +48v I get no sound but when I plug in my dynamic mic the sound is fine.
PLEASE HELP IAM AT MY WITS END......
Old 07-09-2012, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Recording with Pro Tools Express on Windows 7

First, check that the playback engine is set to the Mbox (Setup > Playback Engine). Then create a mono audio track and set the input to the input you've plugged your mic into on the Mbox. Turn up the gain knob on the Mbox for that input and click the record-arm button on the audio track in Pro Tools. You should be seeing some level as you speak into the mic - try to set it so it's just into the yellow part of the meter. Then press the record button at the top of the Edit window, then hit play to begin recording. Once you're done recording, turn off record-arm on the audio track and press play.