Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows

Old 07-06-2012, 05:48 AM

Default Computer Compatibility

Hello, I am writing today in regards to Pro Tools Express' compatibility with the Windows computer I plan to purchase, the Dell Precision T3400. It is indeed found on Avid's list of qualified computers:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...315?popup=true
However, the standard NVIDIA graphics card that comes with this machine, the NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700 512MB PCIe video board, is strangly not found on their list of supported graphics cards:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ility/en422351
Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to figure out if the right computer to buy for use with the Pro Tools software, and ensure that it is fully compatible before I commit to the purchase. Thankyou for your time.