Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows

Old 06-03-2012, 08:49 AM

Default No Sound

Ok I am at a loss.

I have everything installed MBOX drivers, protools express, everything works. I can open it up start a session I plug my guitar into the analog 01 in front, i set it to record enabled, I can see the levels moving as I strum the guitar, but there is no sound at all. I have headphones plugged into the mbox the volume is up, still nothing. I have read till my eyes bleed, tried changing things everywhere I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Oh yeah as a side note I am on a US Navy ship we just left on deployment so my internet is horrible I get a chance here and there.

Huge Thank Yous to any one that can help me out.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:03 AM

Hey beer ninja. Just a few things to try if you see the levels moving in Protools your plugged in correctly. Make sure the di button is engaged. Also make sure the mix knob if you have a mini our mbox 2 is set to about 12 O clock. If you are on an mbox rev.3 bring up the mbox control panel and check out the monitoring section. something is either assigned to the wrong out or muted. Also double check your output rooting in you're sessions io setup control panel. Have a relaxing cruise hope you're headed some where warm and tropical.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2