Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2002, 02:16 AM

Default FYI: SampleTank announces RTAS compatiblity

All,

I thought I would mention this, since no one has brought this up yet.

SampleTank announced a RTAS version of their Software sampler, and say it is RTAS and LE compatible.

Don't know what platforms yet, as the article didn't say, but their other products are both MAC and PC.

SonicState News

Regards,

Chuck E.
Old 01-26-2002, 05:56 AM

Default Re: FYI: SampleTank announces RTAS compatiblity

Chuck,
Hi. Thanks for the info.

Just checking - I guess I can't use this or their other products if I am not running a sequencer of some type? Are they not able to run as stand alone applications?

To bad for me I suppose...

Cheers,
Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Mach One:
All,

I thought I would mention this, since no one has brought this up yet.

SampleTank announced a RTAS version of their Software sampler, and say it is RTAS and LE compatible.

Don't know what platforms yet, as the article didn't say, but their other products are both MAC and PC.

SonicState News

Regards,

Chuck E.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-26-2002, 06:40 AM

i understood ptle can be considered to be the midi-sequencer....

Bastiaan

Bastiaan
Old 01-26-2002, 08:46 AM

Yes, I think an RTAS plugin could be inserted. However, I want my CPU cycles for Waves plugins and want to run my soft synths on another PC. This is why I brought this up.

Thanks!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Bastiaan:
i understood ptle can be considered to be the midi-sequencer....

Bastiaan
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-26-2002, 09:40 AM

But I will ask... If I was to go get a sequencer that would be sitting on a separate PC, mainly for the purpose of plugging in these soft synths, but basically just responding to MIDI coming from Pro Tools, which should I get?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Mark_Knecht:
Yes, I think an RTAS plugin could be inserted. However, I want my CPU cycles for Waves plugins and want to run my soft synths on another PC. This is why I brought this up.

Thanks!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-26-2002, 10:02 AM

Have you thought about throwing protools free on it and using that as a separate sequencer? Just a thought....Anyway, I use sonar and like it a lot for midi.
Old 01-26-2002, 10:08 AM

Hi mix,
Actually, no, it hadn't even crossed my mind. Might be fun to try though. Maybe not the best way to go though? My worry would be that it pushes me further down the RTAS direction. Might be better off to branch out to VST or some other format and not have all of my financial eggs in this current basket?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by mix2much:
Have you thought about throwing protools free on it and using that as a separate sequencer? Just a thought....Anyway, I use sonar and like it a lot for midi.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>