Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 04-29-2021, 12:46 PM

Default Pro Tools 2020.12 won't launch after restoring from Time Machine backup

Zero idea exactly what happened, but my whole system went berserk, then completely non-responsive yesterday and I had to format the boot disk, reinstall Catalina and restore everything from Time Machine backup. Now the machine's back up and running (wahoo!) but Pro Tools absolutely refuses to even try and launch. Goes right to the 'The application Pro Tools has quit unexpectedly.' notification AS SOON AS the PT splash pops up and says 'Launching Pro Tools'. No spinning wheel or trying, just immediate crash. I still have my 2020.12 installer, so tried reinstalling...same thing. Then tried deleting Pro Tools application and reinstalling...no dice. Ran iLok License Manager to make sure all was well, there. Have also deleted prefs folder (after making copy of iO settings and such) and that changed nothing. My UAD interfaces are both running the current firmware, same version as before all of this happened. Was about to download 2021.3 but heard there were some major bugs there and to stay on the version I'm on.

What am I perhaps missing??? Gotta be some weird security or permissions thing with Catalina, no?

- - -

Late 2014 iMac 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel i5, 32GB RAM running OS 10.15.7
UAD Apollo 8 and Twin Duo interfaces
Old 04-29-2021, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2020.12 won't launch after restoring from Time Machine backup

Updating b/c I found on another post that there actually was a 2020.12.1 release, which totally passed me by. Between installing that, deleting the Documents - -> Pro Tools folder and removing some plugs that it kept crashing on, I've gotten it to load. Now if I could only get it to stop crashing when I try to open or create new sessions...