Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 09-23-2022, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Can't find proper I/O in my computer

I'm not following why you are stuck.

In that Playback Engine dialog panel (Setup>Playback Engine) set the playback engine to be whatever the internal audio device in your Mac is called. The old name used to be "Built-In Output" but modern systems use different names.

If you are lost what are the exact options given under that pull down selector (that pulldown selector currently shows "Pro Tools Aggregate I/O").

That screenshot is so fuzzy it's unreadable. Screenshot images on DUC are so sampled down they are next to useless, unless you share a small screenshot (like just the dialog panel here), otherwise you can post images on an image or file sharing site (like Google Drive or Dropbox) and link to it in your post.

This should just work. Only if you need to "default" the IO path names, (i.e. if they are not showing up with sensible names) do you need to mess with the Setup>IO pages. And since all you have is a stereo output the output paths you have will one stereo pair with a name like "MacBook Pro Speakers 1-2" (well for my MBP, your mac will be different). And you'll see that stereo pair as the only output choice for stereo targets. There will be no audio input choices... you've made clear you don't want/need any.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 09-23-2022 at 02:15 AM.
Old 09-23-2022, 03:31 AM

ok,inside playback engine, I have:
Protools aggregate I/O
Integrated Mic
Integrated output
Microsoft Teams audio
In default output I have chosen "integrated output 1-2"
Sample rate 44,1 Khz
Optimize engine forlayback
I push ok, I push play to the drum track, and I can't hear nothing.And counter is moving and I say midi playing, but I don't hear nothing
Old 09-23-2022, 03:53 AM

So you should select "Integrated Output" as the playback engine.

I described how to drag over a known good mp3 or similar audio file to test this works... did you do that?

Why are you talking about drum tracks and MIDI? As I said before you need to find and follow some tutorials to work out how to use MIDI and VIs. Like look on You Tube or the commercial lesson site Groove3. DUC is not a place to expect folks to walk you through beginner tutorials.