Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2008, 04:55 PM

Default iLok - Green Light, will not sync.

One of my iloks stopped working today. It has a green light, System Profiler shows 'iLok' Version 0.10 connected. But i can not start my system, or sync it with ilok.com. My LE ilok works fine. So I assume the ilok is dead. Any hope at fixing it without sending it in?

Running the latest drivers, and checked on my laptop also.

I have ZDT, but it is really sucks to think I have to buy a new ilok, when it is obviously a failed peice of hardware. I had it installed INSIDE my G5, so it was untouched, and safe as could be. So I will pay $40 for a new one, and $30 to get new ZDT. This is a joke.

Digidesign, I am really dissappointed in this method of copy protection, Zero Down Time my ass, I have had to cancel my session for the day, and will be making up for it during hours I would sleep, in order to meet my deadline for this monday. We need a better way to authorize. I dont want to deal with this every 10 months(thats the age of this ilok)