Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-17-2003, 11:44 AM

Default Only 8 simultaneous Ins/Outs on my ADAT Bridge?!?!

Greetings,
I have a Mix+ system - Farm and Core cards - with an 888, and a 24-bit ADAT Bridge. I'd been using an ADAT XT-20 for additional I/O over the last couple of years. I recently got the Rosetta 800 which I am now using on the Adat bridge. I have a large session coming up and I wanted to use the 888, the Rosetta 800 and the XT-20 simultaneously for 24 channels of I/O. I had always just assumed that the Adat bridge would allow 16 channels of I/O if I had two devices connected. But now that I am trying to get it going I have a sinking feeling that I need another Mix Core card to run the XT-20 off of if I want 16 simultaneous channels. Can this be true? How stupid and useless is that if this is true? Am I missing something? If it is true, that will kick my plan to sell all my overpriced, crappy sounding Digi hardware into a higher gear, and finally go all Apogee...
Thanks for any advice - Steve
Old 11-17-2003, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Only 8 simultaneous Ins/Outs on my ADAT Bridge?!?!

You can get 16 channels of I/O per Core or Farm card. What you'll need to get is a TDM "Y" splitter and connect it to one of your cards, then connect the "A" and "B" ends of the splitter to each of the two ports on your ADAT bridge. This will give you 16 I/O's from the ADAT Bridge. You'll probably need to get an additional TDM interface cable since the splitter is quite short. Lastly, you'll have to configure your playback engine and hardware in Pro Tools to reflect the new setup.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:16 PM

Quote:
You'll probably need to get an additional TDM interface cable since the splitter is quite short.
That's a very high probability since the Y-cable has got two female plugs which don't fit into an interface!

Old 11-17-2003, 06:46 PM

Here is the Manual link to download this will show you how to do what you want
http://www.digidesign.com/support/do...O_%20Guide.pdf