Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2010, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Pity Not Everything Got An Upgrade

You know the saying, Russ, "You can please some of the people some of the time..." I think though, that ultimately Avid will and does get the big ups for PT9. The only thing I think they got wrong was the pricing on the new CPTK. But see there? There's always gonna be a reason to complain...

Need mixes, mastering, guitar, keyboard or bass parts added to your tracks? Need custom songs/music written and produced for special occasions? Check out The Soundz Shop. Great work by pros with multi-platinum experience at excellent prices...
Old 11-10-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
Pity that whilst Avid were busy upgrading Pro Tools that some of you didn't upgrade your attitude.
I want a free PT (if you are from Argentina, you know )
Seriously, still no folder in region list, or AS handles?
Why are we still begging for this?
Old 11-11-2010, 08:35 PM
velvettone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosonoro View Post
or AS handles? Why are we still begging for this?
As mix engineer, I've received far too many projects with unfixable edits due to f'd up AS processing. An extra second of pad on both ends would completely alleviate this. I'm not begging, but I'd love to see it happen.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvettone View Post
As mix engineer, I've received far too many projects with unfixable edits due to f'd up AS processing. An extra second of pad on both ends would completely alleviate this. I'm not begging, but I'd love to see it happen.
+1
Old 11-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosonoro View Post
I want a free PT (if you are from Argentina, you know )
Seriously, still no folder in region list, or AS handles?
Why are we still begging for this?
As I mentioned in several other posts - these features are (obviously) high on the list, we just weren't able to integrate every item from the feature request list in this release.

I think we hit a lot of the major ones in this release and we're not stopping there....
Old 11-12-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
As I mentioned in several other posts - these features are (obviously) high on the list, we just weren't able to integrate every item from the feature request list in this release.

I think we hit a lot of the major ones in this release and we're not stopping there....
This is what I like to hear. And def have no reason to doubt you. Looks like PT9 is already a winner. Keep it going.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvettone View Post
When processing AS, I open up the handles and process extra content, then pull them back in. Voila. No waiting on avid to solve this issue. Maybe its the editors that need upgrading.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:26 AM
velvettone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpostguy View Post
When processing AS, I open up the handles and process extra content, then pull them back in.
Yea, so do I genius.

Apparently, you completely missed my point. It's the idiot that you haven't taught that nifty, super secret trick to, that NEEDS the function. I actually have a quickeys shortcut that does all of that for me, so it's not going to save me any time or effort with my daily workflow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpostguy View Post
Maybe its the editors that need upgrading.
I can't agree with you more! I'd love to meet them one day.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySoul View Post
The only thing I think they got wrong was the pricing on the new CPTK.
Well, I don't think the pricing on CPTK is completely wrong... If we look back, when releasing the HD Native card, AVID says PT HD was worth $2500 and the PCIe Card by itself was worth a $1000. So $2500 would be pretty much PT9 + CPTK price, right?

Of course, it is more expensive than the $1800 Nuendo for instance (which is the closest DAW of PT9+CPTK), and of course I also wish sometimes the CPTK would be cheaper such $1200-1400, the same way I wish my Mac Pro would be also $1000 cheaper, and the console would be $25,000 cheaper, etc...

But, let's not forget that it's still WAY cheaper than what we could have 20 years ago, working a 16 Tracks did cost way way more than that...

It's already tough for some PT HD users to see their investment on PT HD Rig bought lately losing lot of value because now any bedroom guy can build a similar system for one fourth of the cost, so what it would be if AVID would put everything in...

Tomorrow, PT10, 11, whatever... will perhaps include all feature of the current CPTK, HEAT and even more... and might even be cheaper... let say $99.

What current users would think? Some will think it's crazy and will regret for having paid $350 upgrade today.... and Some will still think it's $99 too expensive.

My 2 cents,
Phil
Old 11-15-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecat View Post
No images allowed on the DUC as we know, so I'll just link to this:
I Lol'ed