How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2022, 04:56 AM

Default Sonic Core Scope conflict coexisting with Pro Tools v.2020 or later

Hello,
I've got a few pc machines with various audio interfaces setups using Pro Tools as my main DAW. On the machines that have S|C scope app installed- and regardless of having the scope drivers and/or PCI boards hardware connected or not- Pro Tools kept failing to launch. After some troubleshooting I found out that unless I uninstalled the S|C scope app (not necessarily the S|C drivers) PT2020 or later would stack on launch just before checking the audio hardware...
A friend at PlanetZ forums - scopeusers.com had a similar issue with Universal Audio Connect i.e. just when the app was trying to connect with Scope as a sound card or 32 bit ASIO instead of 64 bit... fixed it with UA support. Before doing the same I was wondering whether someone here had a similar case...

I am using the SONIC CORE_SCOPE_PCI_v5.1.2709-x64_EN scope version, and my HW are a Pulsar II and an SRB (total 12 DSPs )

Does anyone know a workaround, or happen to Know anybody using Scope v5.1 and/or v.7 with Pro Tools v2020 or later so as I'd consider upgrading or... retiring my Scope?

Note that PT2019.12 and earlier work fine. machines OS is Win10 Pro/ For Workstations

Best Regards,
Nick
Old 11-11-2022, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Sonic Core Scope conflict coexisting with Pro Tools v.2020 or later

Avid Tech Support Response
"...Based on the given info, it appears that you're trying to use a third-party audio interface that has its own application alongside Pro Tools. Note that compatibility with third-party devices are up to the developers and manufacturers to make sure that it works alongside Pro Tools
This is, since, we do not have the resources available for checking their program as well as their device to diagnose what's causing the issue with their program and Pro Tools. It would be best to check optimization and compatibility with them regarding this We also have our list of approved Audio interfaces, should you need a better one that would work best with Pro Tools. You can check them out here:
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...nd-Peripherals
Thanks...Regards...Avid Global Customer Care"

The truth: Avid should allow Pro Tools app to operate without setting up the soundcard as it did until version 2019.12. It should be pretty simple, even a timeout of the process could work...

Have Avid stopped allowing this on purpose so as to sell their own ?
Might that happen again in the future to another 3rd party manufacturer's soundcard I own or buy ?
Just wondering ...

Last edited by Noise_Lab; 11-11-2022 at 01:52 PM. Reason: to simplify