Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 09-06-2022, 05:07 PM

Default need help

Right after I click onto ProTools, I can not see my oulook window things like "File" among other things that I am unable to see. Can you help me Fix this?
Old 09-06-2022, 05:16 PM

Default Re: need help

Hi Welcome to DUC.

I am not sure I follow exactly what you are describing. But I'm hopeful I can guess

What computer and OS are you using? See "help us help you" up the top of every DUC web page. That includes lots of info, including the sort of detail useful here when you are asking for help.

What *exactly* are you doing?... and here I am going to guess...

You are double clicking the Pro Tools icon and Pro Tools starts up but you do not see any windows??? Right??

If so go to the top menu and click on Window>Edit and Windows>Mix. If you have multiple displays look on both for the top menu.

Do you see the Edit and mix Windows now?

I'd love that to be your problem because I just filed a support case for this behavior, where now no windows appear in some situations, and I was worried it will (understandably) confuse new users. See https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=421532

OK if that was the issue now you have windows open, but if you are totally new to Pro Tools please go find a beginner tutorial that is doing something similar to what you want to do. Lots of those on Youtube and on commercial training sites like Groove3.com.

If this is not at all related to that then describe in detail exactly what is happening, what exactly you see on the screen and details of your computer, setup, exact OS versions, versions of Pro Tools, etc. Maybe post a screenshot of what is not working to a photo sharing site and post the link to that here (DUC image attachments are so low-resolution they are next to useless).