Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 09-02-2022, 08:47 AM

Default S1 + dock to control Carbon monitor levels?

Hi, I have just purchased the S1 and Dock. The post from Avid on 12-03-2020 states that they were working on control of Carbon Monitoring and preamps. Is this available yet?

"12-03-2020, 06:10 AM francoisquereuil Avid

Re: Questions on Carbon

1. Control surfaces

You can absolutely use any of Avid's control surfaces to control Pro Tools connected to Carbon. We still have work to do to control the preamps and the monitoring sections from PT and control surfaces, so for now you have to use the front panel physical controls."
Old 09-02-2022, 11:41 AM

Default Re: S1 + dock to control Carbon monitor levels?

What version of Pro Tools are you running?

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...o-tools-202110
Old 11-01-2022, 09:36 PM

I'm curious about the monitoring section as well. The remote control of the preamps is brilliant. In fact, one of the main reasons I chose the Carbon.

However, the lack of monitor control in Eucon makes thing a bit clunky. Right now, I'm just assigning my two monitor sets to Aux outs. I would much prefer to use the monitor section of the app like you can on the MTRX.
Old 11-05-2022, 11:27 AM
Avid

No, Euconization of Carbon is still in the backlogs and has not been completed yet, but your comment is noted.

Thanks!
Professional Audio Systems

For immediate assistance:
Pro Tools & Eucon Surfaces - +1 888-456-3444
Venue Support - +1 978-275-2557

Find out how to create, manage, and edit cases online now HERE
It's fast, easy, and effective!
Old 11-29-2022, 08:16 AM

I cannot understand why this is so difficult?
And it´s been asked for since sooooo long.
I mean there is this knob on the Avid Dock and it´s exactly doing nothing though with carbon every part of the equipement is from AVID!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Knob small.jpg (37.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-05-2023, 06:53 AM

So, it seems that the Eucon enabling of the Carbon monitor section will happen eventually, but in the meantime switching between speakers can be a challenge if you don't keep the Carbon within arms length and want to switch using Eucon.

However, I came up with an interesting workaround in ProTools itself using Aux Inputs and the soft keys on my Dock. Hope this is of use to others.

In my template, I have a SubMaster aux I use to control overall levels of the session. (Side note: I also run System Sound into ProTools using the Aux I/O, so that is always on fader (so no Core I/O).)

The Submaster then runs to two different Aux Inputs each routed to each a different speaker sets. I then made a Group containing just the two Speaker Aux's. Lastly, using Eucon commands I assigned the top vertical Soft Key on the Dock with the following string of commands.

Select Speaker Group.
Select all Tracks in Group
Mute Selected Tracks.

Since I keep one track muted and the other on at all times, this sequence has the effect of switching between the two speaker sets on a single button push.

I also run the Sound Reference ID plugin on of the Aux tracks so each speaker set is tuned to the room properly.

Hope this is of help to others.

Thanks,
Michael