Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 01-03-2022, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Carbon - How to renew? Perpetual or subscription?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhardy View Post
Thanks Dominique. Still confused.

I cannot renew inside my avid account. It says contact reseller.
The store I'm buying from has 2 options

Renew as a subscription holder
Renew as a perpetual holder

Inside my avid account my plan is : Carbon Pro Tools Subscription
That confuses me .... Do I already own a perpetual or am I still under subscription... therefore what to buy?

PS: I never got the "gift" of perpetual, I was one of the first to buy. Should I ask Avid?

The Pro Tools Ultimate license is located in your Avid account under Products Not Yet Downloaded. If it's not there contact Avid.

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D - BIOS F21b
Intel Core I9 10850K Windows11 / macOS 12.7.4 Hackintosh / 32GB of Rams
Avid Carbon/HDX 2024.3 Ultimate - 8x8x8 HD I/O - PT Dock - PT Control - Artist Mix (1)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin|X - UAD2 Pci-E and Satellite USB Octo v.11.0.1 - SOLO 610 - Twin-finity
Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.
Old 01-04-2022, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc1mce2 View Post
The Pro Tools Ultimate license is located in your Avid account under Products Not Yet Downloaded. If it's not there contact Avid.
Dude.. this was big. It was actually there, and since I never activated it, I seem to have a 1 year Ultimate subscription from NOW.
Ferrofish 16 I/O

www.albertolombardi.com

facebook - instagram - youtube
Old 01-04-2022, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimix View Post
Yeah, problem is the perpetual parachute never opened, original 1 year subscription expired today and no perpetual license, thud.
This is strange. Mine expires in 2 days and I'll let you know if parachute opens.
Ferrofish 16 I/O

www.albertolombardi.com

Old 01-04-2022, 02:29 AM

This is the reply I got from Avid:

"Since your license is expiring in 3 days, you may purchase a Pro Tools | Carbon Pro Tools Subscription renewal.

Since you have purchased from a reseller, you should purchase a renewal through a reseller as well
. "

So it looks like until the subscription expires you don't have a perpetual, you're actually under the subscription plan.

It would (hopefully) convert into perpetual only if you let it expire.
Ferrofish 16 I/O

www.albertolombardi.com

Old 01-04-2022, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Dude.. this was big. It was actually there, and since I never activated it, I seem to have a 1-year Ultimate subscription from NOW.
Let's not confuse the terms of subscription and license. It's a license with 1 year of support. The 1 year of support doesn't start till you activate the Ultimate license and you don't have to activate it till you are ready ( next week, next month, next year, two years from now, etc). After the 1 year of support is up you can purchase an additional year of support like you would with any other Pro Tools Ultimate license( $399.00 USD a year). Right now you have 2 licenses, a Carbon Pro Tools Subscription Perpetual Parachute, and an Ultimate license. Also, you can not sell or transfer the Ultimate license to another iLok account (person) but you can use the 2 licenses on separate iLoks (therefore on 2 different machines) attached to the same account that your Carbon is registered to.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Avid Carbon/HDX 2024.3 Ultimate - 8x8x8 HD I/O - PT Dock - PT Control - Artist Mix (1)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin|X - UAD2 Pci-E and Satellite USB Octo v.11.0.1 - SOLO 610 - Twin-finity
Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.

Last edited by abc1mce2; 01-07-2022 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-04-2022, 02:45 AM

Quote:
This is strange. Mine expires in 2 days and I'll let you know if parachute opens.
I was going to tell you that the Carbon PT Subscription Perpetual Parachute you got with Carbon doesn't turn into a perpetual license until you let the subscription expire. So if you continue the subscription now and later you decide not to renew, at that time it turns into a perpetual license, and whatever version of Pro Tools you have at that time you'll be able to continue using from that point forward. But I see Avid has contacted you now.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.

Last edited by abc1mce2; 01-07-2022 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-04-2022, 06:32 AM

It's still kinda weird.

The reseller has 3 update packages for standard PT (and same 3 for Ultimate) :

1) Update & Support Plan Renewal 198$

2) Update & Support Plan Reinstatement 257$

3) Subscription renewal 317$

They're telling me I have a subscription licence at the moment so I would have to buy pack3.

It's more than 100$ more thank pack 1 but I actually own the software, it just didn't convert to perpetual yet..

I probably would just let it expire and purchase plan 1 (there's should be a 30 days window as stated here: https://sforce.co/3eMRK3c)

Even reinstatement (plan2) is still 60 bucks less than subscription (Plan3).

I think it's very dumb and confusing.
Ferrofish 16 I/O

www.albertolombardi.com

Old 01-04-2022, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Thanks, my PT Carbon one year subscription expired 9 days ago and no perpetual license has arrived yet. When I dragged the license from my iLok2 to my iLok 3, the subscription expiration date changed from 12/26 to 1/2, which was funky, but it did expire after that so I submitted the ticket the next day. And yes, I tried dragging it back to the other iLok again to see if there was some perpetual grace period shell game going on, but sadly no.
Apple MacBook Pro 16" M1 Pro 16GB 1TB 2021
Old 01-04-2022, 11:55 AM
Avid

Hey all, I'll reply back with more detail once I am back in the office, but lemme TRY to quell some of the confusion...

The parachute, as one of you stated earlier, did not deploy. There is a bug logged and IT is working on it.

For now, ALL of you should have PT Ultimate Perp in your Products Not Downloaded section of your My Avid account.

Once the parachute is patched... you will have the option to renew the parachute Subscription OR let it stay in a Perpetual license state. While it is perpetual, you currently will have the option to renew the subscription at any point in time.

Also, since you all received a Perpetual Ultimate license, you will also have the option to renew the Support contract to continue receiving software updates, plugins and support.

I'll be back in the office tomorrow, so let me know any specific questions you have and I'll try to address them.

Mark
Professional Audio Systems

For immediate assistance:
Pro Tools & Eucon Surfaces - +1 888-456-3444
Venue Support - +1 978-275-2557

Find out how to create, manage, and edit cases online now HERE
It's fast, easy, and effective!
Old 01-04-2022, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCorbin View Post
Hey all, I'll reply back with more detail once I am back in the office, but lemme TRY to quell some of the confusion...

The parachute, as one of you stated earlier, did not deploy. There is a bug logged and IT is working on it.

For now, ALL of you should have PT Ultimate Perp in your Products Not Downloaded section of your My Avid account.

Once the parachute is patched... you will have the option to renew the parachute Subscription OR let it stay in a Perpetual license state. While it is perpetual, you currently will have the option to renew the subscription at any point in time.

Also, since you all received a Perpetual Ultimate license, you will also have the option to renew the Support contract to continue receiving software updates, plugins and support.

I'll be back in the office tomorrow, so let me know any specific questions you have and I'll try to address them.

Mark
My understanding was when it's time to renew your Carbon Pro Tools Standard license (subscription) you would be purchasing the support plan renewal and not the subscription plan. Is this correct or not? I also would like to know if the end user is given a 30 days grace period to renew the Carbon Pro Tools Standard subscription as the current Pro Tools Ultimate / Standard license holders are afforded?

Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.