Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-28-2012, 09:26 PM

Default Fades

Hey everyone. I am having a lot of trouble with fades in protools 8 recently. I've always been able to create fades with ease, but for some reason I am not given the option to create a fade at anytime. I've tried a lot of different stuff but nothing seems to work. Is there something simple that I am possibly missing?

By the way, I am extremely new to protools, so try to make the answer as simple and understandable as possible!

Haha thanks for the help.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Fades

A lot of information needed from you in order for anyone to help. Check the top of this page and post a sandra report for starters. Also think about any changes you may have done to the computer before and after your fades stopped working. If your answer to that is no, then I question that you have automatic updates enabled on your computer. Remember there are a lot of variables to get through to your problem.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeys View Post
Hey everyone. I am having a lot of trouble with fades in protools 8 recently. I've always been able to create fades with ease, but for some reason I am not given the option to create a fade at anytime. I've tried a lot of different stuff but nothing seems to work. Is there something simple that I am possibly missing?

By the way, I am extremely new to protools, so try to make the answer as simple and understandable as possible!

Haha thanks for the help.
how were you doing fades??

select region and cntrl+f

OR

in keyboard focus mode
select region and hit f

if your doing the 2nd one, you will not get to select any options. the settings are based by what you have set (or should setup) in your preferences.

by selecting the region and hitting cntrl+f you should get your options everytime.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 01-29-2012, 08:36 PM

Well, I can fade audio tracks, but I'm trying to figure out a way to fade MIDI tracks. So I guess my question is, how do I fade MIDI tracks in and out?
Old 01-29-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Well, I can fade audio tracks, but I'm trying to figure out a way to fade MIDI tracks. So I guess my question is, how do I fade MIDI tracks in and out?
One way is to choose to view AUDIO VOLUME in the edit window and use the mouse to draw the fade.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-29-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
midi is just data, you cannot fade data. you can do as albee suggests or your edit your velocity. change your window view to velocity on the midi track and grab a pencil and draw the fade out.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 01-30-2012, 07:34 PM

I am having issues with the fade functions. I have been using Automation for fades due to not being able to use the main Fade functions. I know the program very well, but this just doesn't make any sense. I do everything correctly to my knowledge. I select the part of a region, go to EDIT on the toolbar, them to find FADES is not available. Does someone else have the same issues? Or is there an easy way to resolve this or did I over look something?