Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2015, 12:09 PM

Default Fast Track Ultra and Windows 10 Problem

I was using Fast Track Ultra with Windows 7 with no issue/ Ever since I have changed over to Windows 10. I continue to get an error that says "Device power state failure". I am suspecting that it is the Fast Track that windows does not seem to like. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I attached a screen shot of what the device manager drivers look like for the Fast Track Ultra

Thank-you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (36.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-24-2015, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Fast Track Ultra and Windows 10 Problem

Is this on the same computer, same USB port that was working in Windows 7? Could you try a powered USB hub? Or a power adapter?

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 11-24-2015, 03:25 PM

Thanks Joel. Yes, it is on the same everything. At present, the Fast Track Ultra is wall powered (plugged into an electrical outlet) and the usb is going to a usb port that is inside the PC, so it is not a hub or anything. I am assumign it is the fast track ultra, but I could be wrong.

Thank-you for the suggestion. That could have been a good solution if it was not for the fact that the unit itself is wall powered.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:59 AM

It is possible something is going in the FTU. I'd try it on another computer if possible and see if you have the same issues.

If it is a physical problem with the FTU, it would probably be more cost effective to look for a newer interface to upgrade to.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 01-10-2016, 09:11 PM

Hello.
With the transition to Windows 10 had problems with the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra. (Windows 10 x64, Driver Version 6.1.10)
Sound periodically disappears. It helps to get it back only off / on the device.
USB-cable tested, connected to another USB-port, fully reinstalled drivers. To no avail.
I know in at least two more people who have the same problems with the device.
In this case, the Mac OS X device is stable, no problems there.
Also, sometimes when working in Studio One sound begins to "stutter." It helps again only off / on the device.
Please help ...
Old 01-11-2016, 06:08 AM

I still have the problem I described above, but once I restart my PC, I am able to use the FTU without any problem.

SoundD- I would suggest you try resetting all your configuration settings to factory settings on the unit. The stuttering sound you describe sounds more like a problem wit buffer setting between your DAW and the FTU than a hardware problem with the FTU
Old 01-25-2016, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal D View Post
I still have the problem I described above, but once I restart my PC, I am able to use the FTU without any problem.

SoundD- I would suggest you try resetting all your configuration settings to factory settings on the unit. The stuttering sound you describe sounds more like a problem wit buffer setting between your DAW and the FTU than a hardware problem with the FTU
Does not help
Old 01-25-2016, 06:44 AM

It still sounds to me like a buffer issue. I began having the same problem when i updated my fast track driver to the new one - you know, the one that has a nicer interface (GUI-like). When I used that version, I got the stuttering.

I reverted back to the basic driver that i had used before. This was not easy, as the computer, for some reasons, always wanted to reinstall the latest driver. I finally figured out how to get rid of the latest driver, and revert to the previous version. Although it does not look as nice, I have not had the stuttering problem since. I also reinstalled Pro Tools at the same time.

I hope this helps. I know how maddening that can be. It took me a few weeks before I figured it out.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:50 AM

Which version of the driver you have installed?