Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 12-16-2022, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Crash on Save/Autosave

Hi just adding to the thread since this just happened to me. It was only happening to one specific session.

It ended up being Auto tune EFX.

I tried everything from save copy in, import into new sesh, trashing prefs, move all plugs out and back in batches, reinstall pro tools, update ALL plugins, fixed permissions, swap drives, did the whole sheet of troubleshooting we're all familiar with...and no change.

So I went plugin by plugin in the session (I had to turn auto backup off) until I found that Autotune EFX was the culprit. And it only gave me an issue when I had 3 or more instances going, which made it take longer for me to pin it down. For some reason there's an issue when "saving" that plugin data that causes unrecoverable system crashes. I need more testing to verify.

I could not replicate the "vocal performance" in Auto tune Pro, so I had to use Auto tune EFX. I committed the tracks with Auto tune EFX 1 by 1 and my session has been smooth as butter since. Turned auto back up back on too. Same drive.

Just my story in case it helps some one else. This happened out of the blue, as I've had this session going solid for 5 months on the same machine, same software.

btw I've been down the Antares/Avid support rabbit hole. You call Antares: "It's a problem on Avid's side." You call Avid: "It's a problem on Antares side." Me:"here's more money for my subscriptions (insert clown emoji)..."