Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2004, 11:52 AM

Default A teaser.

http://www.macmusic.org/news/view.php/lang/EN/id/2351/
Old 10-13-2004, 01:15 PM

Default Re: A teaser.

Interesting. It looks like 6.6 is for TDM, and only has some enhancements for those using Avid hardware. 6.7 is for LE, and has additional MIDI enhancements, etc. Are these new MIDI enhancements for PT in general, or are they simply things that are in 6.4.x for TDM being made available for LE? I'll admit to be ignorant about the feature differences between TDM 6.4 and LE 6.4 since I don't own or use LE.

Lee Blaske
Old 10-13-2004, 01:28 PM

I sure hope the new MIDI enhancements for PT in general. LE for Music, TDM for Film? Nah...I'd be gone in a flash.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Interesting. It looks like 6.6 is for TDM, and only has some enhancements for those using Avid hardware. 6.7 is for LE, and has additional MIDI enhancements, etc. Are these new MIDI enhancements for PT in general, or are they simply things that are in 6.4.x for TDM being made available for LE? I'll admit to be ignorant about the feature differences between TDM 6.4 and LE 6.4 since I don't own or use LE.

Lee Blaske
Seems as though LE is getting more of an upgrade than TDM. I'm starting to think I over spent!!!
Old 10-13-2004, 02:47 PM

Yeah, unless they were leaving out the main punch line, it didn't seem like 6.6 was going to do me any type of a upgrade worth a bean. I do not do MUCH film stuff..

But I am patient. I can wait until version after this one to see if some REAL advances can be made.

Funny, I didn't see anything there that said FIXED BUGS either. Personally for now, that is all I care about. I'll take that over features..

Then again, who goes around advertising they fixed bugs ?? Hopefully they just fixed most of them, but don't advertise it, because they don't want the "to be buying digi" public to think their product was full of insects

I'll be there though (AES), and also I will be taking that Digi tour thing... Hope to see some of you there --
Old 10-13-2004, 03:06 PM

It seems that the "features" being touted are more about Avid trying to keep what dwindling hold they still have in the post world, while I know there are many Avid users out there, I've got to tell you, I haven't worked with a editor using an Avid system in about 2 years,it's all been Final Cut Pro.........if indeed these are the major features in 6.6 and no midi enhancements, I say big deal!
Old 10-13-2004, 03:41 PM

According to my source, PT 6.7 will be both TDM and LE but 6.6 is TDM only.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:49 PM

That's kind of strange. Are your sources saying that there will be a separate upgrade to 6.6 for TDM people that want the video capability and a separate upgrade to 6.7 for people who want the other enhancements?
Old 10-13-2004, 03:51 PM

Hello. I realize the title on that link says 6.7 will be LE only, but I tend to think that is probably a misprint. Because the article says, and I quote
Quote:
The audio and MIDI feature set in Pro Tools 6.7
Notice that it doesn't say Pro Tools LE 6.7, but Pro Tools 6.7. To my mind that means both TDM and LE. Also, I don't know of any MIDI functionalities available on TDM that are not available on LE at the moment. So the improvements wouldn't be LE catching up, as they are with an LE version of Beat Detective, it would just mean they would be making the improvements solely for LE. I have never known Digidesign to do that, and why would they start doing it now?

I think more than likely, 6.7 is both TDM and LE. I also think the TDM 6.6 version will be for those folks wanting to use Mojo. It appears that Pro Tools 7.0 will be out sometime in Q2 next year when I would think all versions would get their Mojo working.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:10 PM

Does anyone know if Mojo will have any benefits if you work with FCP editors?