Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Intel mac update Sampletank 2.1 Issue - instrument

HI

I have just bought a new iMac (2.33 core duo 2, 2 gigs RAM) and am in the process of setting it up with pro tools etc. so fa r everything is gouing fine and other plugins are working. But I have an issue with Sampletank 2. I installed it and can see it in pro tools when I go to insert it on an instrument track, but when it pos up I cant see any instruments in it. I copied all of the instruments in from the original ignition pack cd to the corect location
Applicatios/IK Multimedia/Sampletank 2 SE/ST2SEInstruments

I have tried re installing it numerous times.

One error I made initially was to installl the intel update version Before installing the older version on CD. but I unistalled and started the process from scratch... can anyone help.

basically how do I get Sampletank 2 SE to see the instruments in the folder??

Thanks
Old 02-02-2007, 07:01 AM

Default Re: Intel mac update Sampletank 2.1 Issue - instrument

if you open SampleTank as a plugin then head to the right side and click on PREFS, a window will appear, you'll see the root folder can be changed there. CLick on browse and find the Sample Tank folder where your patches are stored. That should solve it. If not, try saving all the patched to an external drive. Than of course change your root folder in the prefs again to match. I keep mine on an external 250GB drive and only plug it in when I use Sample Tank. Hope this helps.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Intel mac update Sampletank 2.1 Issue - instru

thanks so much for that...
it seems so obvious now but somehow or other I didn't click that button before....

1 other quick question, does anyone know how to resolve an issue with the IK Multimedia product registration continually popping up even though I've authorized this product successfully several times... every time I restart pro tolls sample tank looks for the serial number again... very frustrating...
even if this has been dicused before and someone knows where can you post a link... I cant seem to find it
Old 02-02-2007, 11:59 AM

OK, I figured out the issue with sampletank forgettin the authorization information....
you have to find the file ST2SEPref.txt which was in Mac HD/Library/Application/Support/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 2.x SE/Prefernces

I opened it in a text editor and there was very little in it, something like
firstlaunch=no
so I deleted this and entered my serial no and auth code like this
RegID=XXXXXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Serial=STS20-XXXXXXX-XXXX
(obviously I'd never give away my real auth details)

saved it, restarted protools... and it's benn fine ever since....
Old 10-26-2007, 07:09 PM

I am still having the same problem, even having the correct Root for the Samples!! What gives!