Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2006, 01:37 AM

Default Invalid fades?!

Hi,
Each time i start a session up i get this error message:

Invalid fades (these fades cannot be regenerated if they go offline)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crossfade "Fade QwlabKBJHbSk" at 36:51.960 on playlist "?" is invalid because its left contributor is a fade.
Crossfade "Fade iRRhbaMpBcSk" at 36:51.960 on playlist "?" is invalid because its left contributor is a fade.

Don't know what playlist "?" is and on 36:51.960 there's nothing but one track of audio without any automation and fades.

Tried throwing away all the fades in the fades folder but that doesn't do the job.
Any ideas how i can solve this?
Old 06-03-2006, 08:00 AM

Default Re: Invalid fades?!

these can be weird...

do you have any other playlists for this track or any track for this location? if you do, go there and delete the fade in Pro Tools. then, remake them.

more drastically, you may also have to delete fades in Pro Tools and re-do them.

when this happens, trashing the fades in the folders doesn't resolve it. at least, it didn't for me...
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash
Old 06-05-2006, 11:59 PM

I actually can't find any playlist called "?" in any of the tracks. Didn't even know about this feature before all this...
Old 08-16-2006, 08:46 PM

Hey!

Did you ever figure out the "invalid fades" issue? Its been happening to me too. I'll open up a session get the note about the fades (right contributor is a fade) and then find out that it has dropped the AUDIO region around the 2 crossfades. I have to Re-edit my stuff!!

Is that similar to your problem?

I'm running 6.4.1 cs4 for Mix on a Silverdoor G4 OS 10.3.9. Yes, I know its only supported to 10.3.4 but its been running great for the last 8 months then a couple of weeks ago all hell broke loose. Even did a full re-install to no avail.

Any help is appreciated

P