Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Banned

Default Re: I'm tired of the Zoom Bug. Please post request for Digi to prioritize this bug fi

I Thought they fixed it.8.1cs1 but it just happened to me. Weird cuz it hadn't happened in a month or so. Trying to see what plug in and Voice count in this session
Old 10-18-2010, 05:47 PM

Default Re: I'm tired of the Zoom Bug. Please post request for Digi to prioritize this bug fi

Yes, I have experienced this ZOOM bug ever since PTHD 7.3.1 cs3. I'm currently at PT HD 8.0.1 cs 2 and the bug is still there.

Yes, the ZOOM bug is quite random. But, for me, it seems to show up only at certain Zoom levels and corresponding Track Heights.

I have gone as far back as 7.3.1 cs 2 just to see if it ever showed up and, I never had the Zoom problem. So, evidently, something was changed in 7.3.1 cs3 that has never been corrected.

One thing to note: I've never had any problems with the Zoom Bug when working on my PT LE rig.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:25 PM

It seems to happen to me most when I have a track armed for record and using the R and T keys. You can see the waveform trying to redraw and that's when it happens.

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) 32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2021.12, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFord View Post
The Zoom bug is when you are zooming in while audio is playing and you get the spinning wheel of death and then PT crashes.
I actually get this pretty often. It's pretty much expected behavior at this point for something innocuous to cause Pro Tools to crash.

I usually use the R and T keys and I'm on 8.0cs3 and Mac OS 10.5.8.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:37 AM

I have gotten that many, many times.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Avid

This may be a tough one to decisively answer, but I was wondering if there was a certain track type (or view) that was consistently present in any of the occurrences?

-tv

"There's a fine line between stupid and clever."
Old 10-28-2010, 06:29 PM

@sessionKat: Yes, I just responded to this thread about 3 up from you (TEACHERMAN).

I really think the zoom problem lies with the zoom-level and/or track-height combination.

I was wondering if there was a way to "document" this error each time this comes up and send the information to Avid Tech Support.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Avid

Hello,

If anyone is still experiencing this bug and can reproduce it 100% please let me know ASAP.

Thank you

Mark Camp
Test Engineer | P&S Creative Professional

Avid
2001 Junipero Serra Blvd
Daly City, CA 94014
United States
Old 12-21-2010, 10:19 PM

this has happened to me AT LEAST 20 times today and is driving me insane... full restart every 15-20min. always while ediiting or scrolling around. sometimes on loop record too.

8.1cs on HD2, brand new 8core today. not my usual rig but this same bug happens on both machines for me. must have something to do w/ my drive, session, plugins, or my luck.... but not this system. only plugins are waves and some digi.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Avid

If you're experiencing this, please send me your log files.

Pro Tools 9 location - MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Logs>AvidLogFiles
Pro Tools 8 location - inside your Pro Tools folder.

Zip up the folder immediate after the crash and email it to me at : vi [at] digidesign [dot] com. Put 'Zoom crash' in the subject of the email.