Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 11-12-2015, 08:43 AM

Default M-Audio Fast Track USB

Hello, I have a legacy product, M-Audio Fast Track USB. I am using a Macbook, OS 10.9.5. My problems are two fold:

I am not getting any system audio at the Fast Track Device. I can hear my guitar/mic by direct monitoring button, but not the output from Garage Band or ProTools SE.

The second problem is during recording. I am able to record the mic or guitar from the fast track device ( used Garageband for testing), however, I am getting a crackling noise in the recording on both the mic and guitar. That was not there the last time I used this device.

I have upgraded the USB driver on the Fast Track device. Right now it's running 10.9.4 and the firmware is 0.30.

If anyone has any clues or suggestions, I would appreciate it. I know this is a legacy product, but I would like to continue to use it if it all possible.

Thank you.