How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2016, 09:13 AM
Avid

Default Avid S6 v3.5 software release

Avid is pleased to announce the release of software version 3.5 for the S6. This release delivers faster performance, new features and a new licensing scheme for S6 users.

This new version changes the way EUCON works and you can expect speed improvements of up to 50% with session load, layout recall and banking. Please see the critical information about this in the Readme before installing. Other improvements have been made for the Post Module, Joystick Module, Auto Expand, Pan Graphs and new Softkeys.

Licensing Improvements
S6 software licenses are now valid for the entire year of the currently valid Support Contract. In previous versions of S6 software, a new license was required for each major release. All customers with current Support Contracts must activate v3.5 by registering your System ID, in order to transition to the new yearly license system and download S6 v3.5 software.

To receive your Activation ID, go to https://my.avid.com/products/Hardware/console and log into your Avid Account (or create one). Follow the instructions on-screen to enter your System ID. For information about locating your System ID, see this article on our Knowledge Base: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/f...d-S6-System-ID.

Once v3.5 is activated, you will not need to activate a new license for any software updates that are released for the duration of your current Support Contract. After you activate your license for v3.5, your Avid Account will be updated with the new S6 software for you to download, new Activation ID and will also show your Support Contract dates. Use your new Activation ID and System ID to activate the Master Module software by going to avid.com/activate as usual.

In order to activate the 3.5 software update you will need your S6 console to be on a current Avid Support Plan. Your console came with 1 year of Avid Advantage ExpertPlus support with Hardware Coverage so please check your support plan expiration date. There are several options for renewing coverage (even if your plan has recently expired). If you are a registered owner, you will receive an email with details or you can contact Avid directly to hear about your options at : 1-650-218-4058
Old 10-17-2016, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Avid S6 v3.5 software release

Will v3.5 and beyond be a perpetual license or a subscription license? In other words does v3.5 and later continue to function after my support contract has expired?
Old 10-17-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman View Post
Will v3.5 and beyond be a perpetual license or a subscription license? In other words does v3.5 and later continue to function after my support contract has expired?
I'm not a native English speaker but I humble understand that yes. It is a perpetual license. If a plan expires you do not keeps receiving further updates.
Only that, I hope.
-----
Old 10-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Avid

Correct, you still get to keep the current version.(As it is today)
Old 10-17-2016, 06:21 PM

Hallelujah! Your S6 system ID is now displayed in your Avid account.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:20 AM

When I go to https://my.avid.com/products/Hardware/console and enter my system ID, I get this error:

Your System ID is invalid or already used. Please check that you have typed it correctly

Am I doing something wrong?
Old 10-18-2016, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolin View Post
When I go to https://my.avid.com/products/Hardware/console and enter my system ID, I get this error:

Your System ID is invalid or already used. Please check that you have typed it correctly

Am I doing something wrong?
same here...

:/
Old 10-18-2016, 06:04 AM
Avid

Do you have a current support plan ? if you believe you have please contact Customer Support.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:53 AM

Same here, nor is there 3.5 software in our product list (we have 2.1 and 2.2). Our S6s were bought and registered less than a year ago. Guess we'll have to call CS.

Will the sticker set that was made a while back to replace buttons still applly to this update, or should we ask/wait for a new set?

Thank you.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:35 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCash View Post
Will the sticker set that was made a while back to replace buttons still applly to this update, or should we ask/wait for a new set?
Thank you.
There are no more changes to the buttons