Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 03-03-2010, 02:50 PM

Default Using 8 Track Digital Studio as Control Surface?

Hey guys, first post here so I apologize if this is the wrong place.

I have an MBox 2 running PT 8 LE, I also have a Boss BR 864 8 Track digital studio, and I would like to use that to control faders in PT. Is this possible? Reading the manual for the BR 864, I found that it is able to communicate as a MMC. though when I try to connect it to the Midi In on my MBox and create a control surface in PT I become lost.

Any help is appreciated, as I would like to put this unit to use. If not I may be forced to buy a cheap control surface. I just need to be able to push faders since automation with a mouse is a huge pain for me.

Thanks