Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-14-2009, 07:01 AM

Default M Box 2 not working at all windows 7

Hey Guys, Well I have a little problem. I am very new to Pro Tools. I know the software is not going to work with Windows 7, Ecspecially since I have old Protools 6.8

With that being said. I just want to use the M Box 2 that i just bought with some other kind of recording software, but when I plug in my Mbox nothing happens and no lights come on. Windows is not reading the Mbox correctly. Its giving me messsages that says "the installation is not complete" and also something about a needed audio driver.

I tried loading some other kind of recording software that works with Windows 7 and it still will not recognize the Mbox 2. Is there something I need to download or get, maybe a update or driver? I have no idea but I just want the Mbox 2 to power up and work. Please help! Thanks!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:43 AM

Default Re: M Box 2 not working at all windows 7

UPDATE - This is a brand new laptop with Windows 7. I had an old computer that I just sold with Windows XP yesterday and I plugged it into that one installed protools 6.8 which did not work and then the lights lit up. But they are not coming on at all on the new laptop with Windows 7.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:59 AM

Pro Tools is not qualified with windows 7 yet. The ASIO driver that is used to communicate with non-PT recording software has not been updated either. If you absolutely need to use windows 7 you are kinda outta luck.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:39 AM

I heard that Sonar and Reaper now work with Windows 7 though. I just don't understand why the Mbox woul dnot work at all. I mean it s just connected by USB. Their has got to be a way I can just use my Mbox on Windows 7 with another kind of recording software. Anybody know how?
Old 12-14-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlevelowls View Post
I heard that Sonar and Reaper now work with Windows 7 though. I just don't understand why the Mbox woul dnot work at all. I mean it s just connected by USB. Their has got to be a way I can just use my Mbox on Windows 7 with another kind of recording software. Anybody know how?
When you plug the Mbox in, does Windows try to load drivers for it or not?

Studio One also works in windows 7.

Most DAWs do, most have free demos as well, so try them all and see what you like. Also it should not be much longer before PT is fully Windows 7 compatible, but you will need 8.0 as far as I know.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-14-2009, 07:05 PM

When I plug in my Mbox it does try and locate a driver, but it never finds one. No power or anything. When I try and use other recording software it does not show the Mbox or anything. I cannot even get a single light on this Mbox.