Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2013, 10:52 PM

Default PT11 just like PT 10 no plugs

PT11 is just like PT 10 no plugs but now we dont even have what we did in PT10.
I tried to put a session on HD11 with a full HDX card and cpu @ 80%,
But when I opened my session it gave me a list of plugs that wouldnt work in PT11.
Of 96 audio tracks I have 4 yes only 4 plugins from that session that are still available.
This is really a bummer, already waisted 18 months waiting for plugs now its like starting all over again.

This upgrade to HDX is feeling like a 2 year time waister.
How is am I supposed to use HD11. Or even HD10 for that matter
Very disappointed to say the least.
Once they get things going it will be great but this seriously puts PT on hold another year for me. Or at least until they get alot more plugs.

HDX is or could be great but this is ridiculous
It will be over two years waisted.
Sorry for the poor opinions as of late
Old 06-26-2013, 11:07 PM

Default Re: PT11 just like PT 10 no plugs

Avid needs to incentivize developers to adopt AAX64 and AAX-DSP quicker...perhaps using monetary measures. It's really becoming a sore point. Two years after AAX was announced, there's still relatively very few developers that support it natively, let alone DSP (even the 32bit version).

OR - explain why their new engine could not support a well established, prolific, and efficient native format such as VST and AU, while continuing to support AAX-DSP for the hardware in parallel. It's like not supporting MIDI and instead trying to come up with their own communication protocol...without having any hardware instruments support it.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:14 PM

Default Re: PT11 just like PT 10 no plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingy View Post
Avid needs to incentivize developers to adopt AAX64 and AAX-DSP quicker...perhaps using monetary measures. It's really becoming a sore point. Two years after AAX was announced, there's still relatively very few developers that support it natively, let alone DSP (even the 32bit version).

OR - explain why their new engine could not support a well established, prolific, and efficient native format such as VST and AU, while continuing to support AAX-DSP for the hardware in parallel. It's like not supporting MIDI and instead trying to come up with their own communication protocol...without having any hardware instruments support it.
I don't agree on the AAX native support. That's coming along okay IMO and most developers support it. There's announcements daily now of new AAX native released plugins.

But the dsp side is indeed very poor. Somehow it seems only a few companies invest the time in producing AAX dsp plugins. If this doesn't pick up I'm afraid more developers will adopt a wait and see attitude.