Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-26-2010, 02:57 AM

Exclamation Digi hardware - bizarre behavior - Digi you will lose this market share

I was looking at the 003 Rack+ Factory and still wondering why there is a limitation with the ADAT still only at only 48 KHz, the competition out there are up to 96 KHz and 196 KHz, why it that Digi keeps, releasing hardware that is outdated compare to what is out there.

This whole thing becomes fishy to me it does not make sense, I hurt the excuses regarding the ADAT limitation on Digi hardware and others, sadly to say this do not fly with me anymore, Digi wake up and smell the roses, I have said this a few years ago, that this day would come. So all you attempting to do are just attempting to keep and not paving the way with innovation just merely keeping up, with regards to hardware this is just is not the case.

Look at your Digi003 still only four XLR’s, so look at how you improved on the Digi002……….can you really say it is an improvement?
You have the lovely C24, however this do not bridged the gap, PTS LE or even M-powered can’t use it at all.

It looks to me you protecting your AD systems; why else would this bizarre behavior exist, how else would explain this logically? Just remember you cannot stop progress you either on board or you will go out of business. Being in a position of catching up is not a good place to be in. You need to have you C24 and a smaller version be compatible and working with LE and M-powered systems, if you do not, or do this soon you will lose this market share, your AD systems is out dated as well, no real invasions over the years, so here too you have a serious problem.

You even have more flexibility on your M-powered systems then you have with LE, come on Digi do you not see what is happening around you in the world and with other companies and technologies out there?
Old 02-26-2010, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Digi hardware - bizarre behavior - Digi you will lose this market share

I know you're angry, but you need to check your facts. The C24 is and has been compatible with LE. Also, the 003 does 96 kHz. No one is making you stay with Digidesign. You have free choice.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:29 AM

Unhappy Re: Digi hardware - bizarre behavior - Digi you will lose this market share

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritfallrecording View Post
I know you're angry, but you need to check your facts. The C24 is and has been compatible with LE. Also, the 003 does 96 kHz. No one is making you stay with Digidesign. You have free choice.
1) You say I am angry, do not mistake frustration for anger too different worlds.
2) You say a must check my facts you seem to not have done that, I clearly mention ADAT 48KHz limitation (ADAT),

Please do not make comments if you do not read my post, just to merely post something here!

I can only use the C24 on a LE system Via a Digi002 or 003 via ADAT which is not update as I would still sit with the ADAT limitation for example Digi002 at 48KHz(ADAT). Even your new 003 Rack+ Factory have the ADAT 48KHz limitation.

Please do not mistaken recording at 96KHz for ADAT 48Khz, as the same thing, I clearly mention this in my post.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Digi hardware - bizarre behavior - Digi you will lose this market share

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritfallrecording View Post
No one is making you stay with Digidesign. You have free choice.
You right, However I have invested into Pro Tools, my LE system is NO LE anymore with Music Productions tools kit, DigTranslator ECT, It will be foolish at this point to invest in something new, and or are you saying I do not have the right to voice my concerns as a Digi Client?.... I should just walk away?

Only an Digi Employee would say something like this, as a user you would share in our frustration as you would go through the same.

Lucrative companies stay in business simply because they listen to their clients, hence that fact they stay in business and or being lucrative in the first place.

Do not get me wrong I love Pro Tools, however there are parts like the hardware which lack behind a lot, and being a client of theirs I need to voice my concerns. If they do not know this how would our needs be realized and how will they fill their clients needs and innovate and not lack behind.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre67 View Post
Only an Digi Employee would say something like this, as a user you would share in our frustration as you would go through the same.
Um... no.

Not all of us are as frustrated as you. In fact, most of us get along just fine with what we've got. Most of us record at 48k, and most of us use LE. It doesn't mean there aren't others who share your frustration, but your accusations are unnecessary.

I like my 003R. I also like the fact that it only has 4 mic pres. The other 4 inputs are true direct, which means I can use other preamps and mixers for a variety of flavours. While 96k sounds great, it also uses double the disk space. When you have a session with 70+ tracks with hundreds of edits, this can make a session folder unnecessarily large, especially when you are working with something that is most likely not going to be any higher than 16/44.1. I only track at 96k when I am tracking say, vocals to go over existing music, or voice overs, or another similarly small session. In which case, I only need 1 or 2 mic pres.

I understand you're frustrated, but what exactly are you trying to get out of your Digi hardware? I still don't understand this, "The other guys do it, why doesn't Digidesign?!" attitude that has been surfacing on the forums these days. You bought your hardware full well knowing of it's capabilities and limitations... and if you didn't... how is this our problem? How is it Digidesign's problem? If you don't like your hardware, get something else. It's that simple.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 02-26-2010, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post

I understand you're frustrated, but what exactly are you trying to get out of your Digi hardware? I still don't understand this, "The other guys do it, why doesn't Digidesign?!" attitude that has been surfacing on the forums these days. You bought your hardware full well knowing of it's capabilities and limitations... and if you didn't... how is this our problem? How is it Digidesign's problem? If you don't like your hardware, get something else. It's that simple.
That fact that you happy with 4 XLR, that is your prerogative , do impose your view on other which do not share the same needs as you.
That fact that you do not see my point and my needs, I am not going to write a book for you and attempt to make you understand, is just fine, this post was not intended for you. However it is for like minded people, why are you so preoccupied with my post?........we clearly do not share the same requirements and or needs.

Logically why do you Think Digi create more then just what you use?...for example Digi003 and a Mbox to a Mbox mini, surely I should not spell this out for yea!!?
If the world was happy with just 4 XLR's why would others make bigger controllers?

Quote:
"The other guys do it, why doesn't Digidesign?!" attitude that has been surfacing on the forums these days. You bought your hardware full well knowing of it's capabilities and limitations... and if you didn't... how is this our problem? How is it Digidesign's problem? If you don't like your hardware, get something else. It's that simple.
You must be an Digi employee, why would you bother with this so much?
The fact that you do not get this and or see this move on, this is not for you.

Quote:
and if you didn't... how is this our problem? How is it Digidesign's problem? If you don't like your hardware, get something else. It's that simple.
Man, what can I say to this........you make it your problem why did you start this in the first place?
Again I say it is your prerogative NOT to reply to this and NOT to get into this.
This forum is for all Digi clients that fact that you do no like what I say, is your problem, just as it is a free world for other to say what they want.
No person or people can make another see or even understand if that individual do not want to see the facts. I suggest move on you do not get this clearly, as you said it is not your problem SO WHY DO YOU MAKE IT YOURs?....are you a DIGI employee?.......this is the only logically explanation I have for your bizarre involvement?
Old 02-26-2010, 05:09 AM

Quote:

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

MacBookPro 3,1 - 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.5.8
003R Factory - PTLE 8.0.1 MPTK 2, BFD2, Ozone 4, Yamaha 03D

So if you happy with 1 or 2 XLR's why do you use a Yamaha 03D Mixer?......and how is the 03D connect to you system?
Old 02-26-2010, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre67 View Post
Digi wake up and smell the roses
And after you do that, I guess you can "stop and smell the coffee."
Old 02-26-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejwells View Post
And after you do that, I guess you can "stop and smell the coffee."
...unless you take coffee in the toilette!
Old 02-26-2010, 05:43 AM

Andre,
The 48 kHz ADAT limitation isn't anything new.
Bitching about it is like buying a two door car, then bitching that it only has 2 doors.