Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Hardware crash?

Hello

I just recieved my brand new MacBook. My PC is on repair, and I was longing for using PTLE with my Mbox 2 PRO again.

I installed the PTLE, and noticed that the installation didn't say anything about the hardware on a mac. I checked it up in the getting-started guide, and it said that you should install PT, reboot and just connect it and start PT.

I pluged the Mbox into the wall for the 12V. As usual when the Mbox recieves power without computer connection, the lamp was blinking. Then I connected it to my MacBook with the FireWire cable and launched PT. It said no hardware was found. I glanced at the Mbox and noticed that no lamp was shining. There was no living sign from the Mbox no more. I've tried different cables and so on, but I can't get no sign of life from it. The lamps has always been shining when on before. It just died when I connected it to the computer.

I don't know, it seems weird. It was been working for two months with my PC, and as soon as I connected it to the mac, it went dead - no lamps blinking when supposed to be recieving the 12V. I can't hear no fan either. It appears dead.

How could this have happened? What might have happened?

Thank you