Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 11-28-2022, 02:29 PM

Default HDX cards not visible in system after UAD update

Any ideas? Reloaded Avid driver and Protools 22.10 The UAD software upgrade and their card firmware update does not allow my system to see the HDX cards , can’t even run digi test?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2022, 05:21 PM

Default Re: HDX cards not visible in system after UAD update

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzone View Post
Any ideas? Reloaded Avid driver and Protools 22.10 The UAD software upgrade and their card firmware update does not allow my system to see the HDX cards , can’t even run digi test?

from reading Avid tech specs. Can load Hd driver 2022.10 from application folder and all works fine till restart. Cards present in system profiles, drive says no , not installed, kernel is there. Interesting it was the UAD software upgrade and their firmware that nocked the driver out of the HDX cards. Still waiting for Avid, called 3 hours ago. May have to go to Monterey.

Old 11-29-2022, 04:15 AM

Very interesting journey. Most of Avid’s tech specs have pointed out there were many issues loading the HD driver in Big Sur. Never had the issue, however having a UAD card in the system and not using the plug-in’s that often until recently receiving a session with UAD all over it, and wanting to hear their prospective of the mix. It’s obvious the software from UAD should have been kept up to date. When updating to the Latest UAD software in Big Sur while UAD’s upgrade process upgrades the firmware on their card, it disables the drivers of HDX cards. Following the Avid work arounds were fine, but after reboot the HD drivers were not loaded. Upgraded the Big Sur OS to the latest version and 22.10 and HD drivers loaded and worked fine. Makes me think of removing all UAD cards and just use their native plug’s at this point. Another case of how important it is to keep up to date and not have OS software conflicts.

Old 11-30-2022, 07:51 PM

I have almost the same problem with my hdnative card
Card and driver is shown in hardware list also in digi test.
When I run application manager (if I remember correctly) everything works over there. Even by changing in/output ports it affects on my omni and I can control my onmi from there. But is not show up in audio midi setup or pt as audio device. And the box pops up and asking me to update the firmware of hdnavite card
For me it shows the driver is loaded
Old 12-02-2022, 07:20 AM

Default HDX cards not visible in system after UAD update

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have almost the same problem with my hdnative card
Card and driver is shown in hardware list also in digi test.
When I run application manager (if I remember correctly) everything works over there. Even by changing in/output ports it affects on my omni and I can control my onmi from there. But is not show up in audio midi setup or pt as audio device. And the box pops up and asking me to update the firmware of hdnavite card
For me it shows the driver is loaded

Not sure about native card compatibles, I know HDX cards are still supported, as the drivers and firmware are still updated by Avid. My problem was with my OS Big Sur and the UAD software upgrade; having three HDX cards and the UAD Octo card in the slots of a 7.1 Mac Pro while upgrading the UAD card software, and their card firmware. Conflicts happened during the UAD card update. Not sure how the UAD software conflicts Big Sur, but installing the last Big Sur upgrade allowed all to talk to each other. You may want to check and see if the native card is still supported and what OS it will work with, also which computer.