How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2021, 11:57 PM

Default Low Latency Monitoring LLM Huge Timing Issue

Hello!
I use Pro Tools Ultimate with an external Mixer to Monitor my Audio and have LLM engaged so that Pro Tools doesn't Input Monitor my Audio through the DAW.
As written in the Manual, with LLM Pro Tools disengages all Plugins in the Track that is Record enabled. That's fine! But when i want to Punch In on an exisiting Track with some higher Latency Plugins, the Record Enabled Track plays totally out of Sync, making it impossible to Punch In without distraction.
When i look at the Latency Numbers, it seems that LLM adds another 2000 Samples to that track, once it is Record Enabled, instead of removing the Latency...

I also want to note, that this has not always been like that. I don't recall any timing differences while punching in a few years back.

Is that the right behaviour? I also tested it with Logic and Cubase which both have a "disable Software Monitoring" function. No Problems there.

Here is a Test Session with Boom playing a beat and my Voice doubling that beat. I put Pitch II on the Vocals, just as an example of a high latency Plugin (it could also be Autotune, but i wanted to use only PT Plugins). Can you guys check and let me know what you think? Thanks!
Old 06-10-2021, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Low Latency Monitoring LLM Huge Timing Issue

Hi Edwin, they changed the behavior of LLM a few versions ago. I think they broke it. I had a ticket open on it and was told that it would be fixed in an upcoming version...not sure which one though. I was using it the way you were in 12.4 and when I upgraded it stopped working as expected. Have you tried turning Auto Low Latency to Off on the track being punched in on?
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 06-11-2021, 02:27 AM

Thanks for your answer!
I just now tried your suggestion and disabled Plugin-Delay on the Track i want to punch in, expecting it to work now, but the issue persists and the record enabled track plays way ahead. Hmm...
Old 06-14-2021, 11:37 PM

If anyone could check this out with his setup and let me know if the Track plays ahead of the Beat when Rec Enabled, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

- activate LLM
- put a Track with some higher latency plugins on it and some prerecorded Material into record enable.
- check if there is a audible timing difference between Rec Enable on and off.
Old 06-15-2021, 08:22 AM

I found out, that this issue is related to "Allow sends to persist during LLM". If i check it, then everything works fine. If i uncheck it, then the Track plays out of Sync!

I am currently checking with Avid Customer Care, if this Bug is listed.