Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2009, 10:24 PM

Default Pro Tools HD 7.3 installation problems

I have recently rebuilt my Dell 670 Workstation (Win XP SP2) with a new internal terrabyte recording drive and I'm installying PT HD 7.3. The system is set up as a dual boot system so I can either have a raw tracking machine (rental-rock solid) or a mixing machine (all bells and whistles and extra plug-ins). I installed PT HD 7.0 and all was well. I did an un-install of this version and tried to install 7.3. During the installation process (after choosing what feartures of PT to load) the installation hangs and stops doing anything-usually after the task bar is full (I've tried this 3 times).

Does anyone have some thoughts on what I can try to get past this roadblock and get 7.3 installed. I plan to upgrade to 7.4 (not 8.0 yet, rental clients want 7.4) but would like to get it working with 7.3. Additional information-I have HD Accel 2 cards installed, a 192 I/O, dual processors and sufficient RAM in the box (not sure the procs). Again, I did a 7.0 install and all was well. Is there something, other than using Add/Remove Progams to unistall 7.0 (the 7.3 installing asked me to do this rather than just upgrading), to completely clean the machine in preparation for the 7.3 install?

Thanks,
Brian K