Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2008, 02:14 PM

Default timecode drift on PT 7.3 Academic

I imported a video into my session. frame rate is @ 29.97 I synced up the burn-in with timecode in PT. Everything works fine up to here. Whenever I click on the video. The timecode matches with burn in, but if I hit play and stop. The timecode drifts. If I go frame by frame, I noticed the timecode is always 1 frame faster than burn-in and it accumulates. But as long as I just click on somewhere in the picture, there's no drift problem. I didn't choose any pull down options. Please help. Thanks a lot
Old 10-10-2008, 01:46 AM

Default Re: timecode drift on PT 7.3 Academic

That sounds like a codec problem. Usually request or render out myself Motion Jpeg B files. If you open the file using quicktime and hit apple "I" it should tell you the codec.