Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-11-2001, 03:46 AM

Default New disks added, old disks audio files not loaded

Mac G3/300 384M RAM Mac OS 9.04 Atto Dual SCSI, PT 5.1. I've always worked with system disk (4G) + a backup HD (Cheetah 4G) on SCSI Bus 2, and 3x Cheetah 9G (used for normal PT sessions) on SCSI Bus 1. Now I've added 3x IBM 18G 10K. If I put them on SCSI Bus 2 (together with system HD and backup HD) no problem, if I switch the two systems, i.e. IBMs on SCSI Bus 1 and Cheetahs on SCSI Bus 2 when I open a PT session it doesn't locate the files, but strangely doesn't ask me where they are with the classic dialong, it just hangs on the window 'Locating audio files...' and I have to restart everything. Why ? (Obviously no SCSI ID conflicts)

------------------
www.downinhollywood.com
Old 05-12-2001, 12:43 AM

Default Re: New disks added, old disks audio files not loaded

Anything ? Anyone ?
Old 05-14-2001, 10:28 AM

This sounds like a termination problem. Make sure you have active termination on your SCSI chains. Also, make sure the drives themselves are not internally terminated. One last thing to check is that your SCSI cables are ok. Good luck.

PS. One question tho...why is your system drive on one of the SCSI busses on your ATTO card? Shouldn't it be on the IDE bus inside the computer?

------------------
Ninja Bob
Hothead
NYC
Old 05-14-2001, 10:58 AM

Thank you ninjabob, I'll check the terminations, the cables are of the best possible quality. When I ordered my G3 I also ordered a Cheetah 4.5G SCSI drive, and (I don't know why) they gave me a SCSI HD as system drive and put both on the same SCSI bus.

------------------
www.downinhollywood.com