Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-24-2004, 11:31 AM

Default slow playback

okay, so i'm really new to the protools world, so bear with me.
last weekend our band was recorded through a digi 002 rack system.
the files were transferred to my hard drive, and everything seemed fine.
but when i play back the session, the first minute and a half sound fine, but then everything slows down.
the singer's voice gets deeper, and the pitch gets lower, not to mention the tempo of the song slows.
has anyone experienced this before, and is there a way for me to speed everything up?
any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Old 05-24-2004, 12:24 PM

Default Re: slow playback

I never heard of a session slowing down once it had already started, but you should check to make sure that the sample rate mathces that of the original.-
Old 05-24-2004, 01:07 PM

That's really weird... a possible explanation would be that in the middle of the recording session somebody switched on or off a digital device that was hooked with PT, threfore changing the sync in the middle of a song. That once happened to me, when I was doing some overdubs recording into ADAT and the engineer switched on the computer in the middle of a take, of course everyone noticed it because the basic tracks slowed down, but if you played all at the same time, this might have happened unnoticed.

Unfortunatelly I don't know how to cure the situation. Perhaps dividing the song into two sessions and then trying to convert the sample rate on the other or something, then paste them together again...
Old 05-24-2004, 04:11 PM

i'm not really worried about that first song, but how can i convert the whole session so the rest of it sounds right?
thanks for your help.