Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2004, 01:52 AM

Default Stereo audio files playing in mono

I seem to have a big problem with some of my songs. The songs were imported into ptools and then drug to a stereo track, But after burning to Toast, they're playing in mono. Please Please any help is appreciated.......BASE
Old 04-24-2004, 09:13 AM

Default Re: Stereo audio files playing in mono

need more info. you're sure they were stereo to begin with?
Old 04-26-2004, 07:37 PM

When creating the session I set up the tracks for stereo because I wanted to experiment with mastering. I took tracks from a cd and imported it to ptools. After the import I went to the audio files region list to the far right and drug the audio from there to the specific stereo tracks. Hey thanks for your reply man................ Base
Old 04-26-2004, 11:26 PM

could it be that your'e bouncing or exporting from PT as mulitple mono (instead of stereo interleaved) and then you wind up burning only one half of the track?

B.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:26 AM

Or you don't have the track panned L/R before you bounce. Make sure the bounce source is is set to be 1-2 also (in the bounce dialog box).
Old 04-27-2004, 07:01 AM

You haven't given enough information. What are you doing AFTER placing the audio into PT? Are you bouncing to disk, using audiosuite to create new tracks or recording audio onto new tracks via busing? How are you getting the PT audio into Toast? If bouncing you should use the stereo interleved setting. Toast didn't used to see SDII files either........you'll need to use stereo .aif

I believe Toast still only imports stereo files. If the end result of your work in PT isn't a stereo interleaved file, you may be providing Toast either a .L or .R file. Some programs like Waveburner autmatically look for the companion files when seeing .L or .R. Toast doesn't..............or at least didn't used to as of the last version I used.