Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2000, 11:53 AM

Default How good are those Acid Loops you can get under $50??

I was looking for some latin drum samples, and stumbled across demos for Acid's Latin samples (600MB's) on Sonic Foundry's web page, and they sound pretty astounding.

However, I only need the percussion loops, without guitars and bass, etc...so would I be able to mute the other isntruments, so that for 39 bucks or however much it was , I get decent latin loops?

Juergen
Old 12-07-2000, 03:46 PM

Default Re: How good are those Acid Loops you can get under $50??

I use lots of Acid loops. I think they're excellent. I tweak them in Acid, then import them into PT.
Yosemite OS
Old 12-08-2000, 10:36 AM

Why not make your own loops, maybe even your own music

------------------
Switchcraft
Old 12-09-2000, 02:04 PM

hi, the loops are pretty hot and very realistic! checkout ...on a latin tip...it's slammin! pvonte
Old 12-10-2000, 12:35 AM

HAHAHA!!

I normally make all my own loops and I even make all of my own music from scratch. The only time I have actually used other people's loops, was when I found 3 or 4 weird loops formatted for my Kurzweil. I do have to admit that I conditioned them so much in the keyboard (tonewise) that they were unrecognizable...that's what I prefer doing either way. Plus it's too much fun beating sounds into other shapes, than to go and stifle one's own creativy by using other people's work and just throwing some tracks together, and on top of that calling it "your" music...

I am prepping some studio sessions for a singer, and I want to have some scratch instrumental tracks (she does some latin stuff) for when she takes the practice cd with her home and for when the musicians start coming in. The latin percussive feel isn't easy to program, considering that I am on the tightest schedule I've ever been on...

Cheers

Juergen
Old 12-10-2000, 12:38 AM

Soudnsurf:

I just heard the demo songs off their website. It is possible just throwing together some percussion stuff, and leaving all the other instruments, that they have proudly put for display on the demo, out of my loops, right? (it's a dumb question, but I don't want any surprises...I am not familiar with Acid's stuff)...
Old 12-10-2000, 02:02 AM

Thanks Pvonte!

This might be the stupidest question on earth, but making loops with their Latin collection, I can make loops of JUST the percussion right? Their songs on the web had all kinds of instruments in them...

And question number 2:
are the only styles for the "Latin" collection Maria, Cumbia and Salsa, or are those just examples of a whole bunch of styles that they put up on the web?

Thanks again!

Juergen
Old 12-11-2000, 10:20 PM

hi i'm not up on all the names ,but there is alot of hip / traditional grooves (loops) on the latin tip cd( it's not the acid loops cd, i'll check out the company tommorow.( my studio is up stairs from my web pc... pvonte
Old 12-13-2000, 04:44 PM

Pvonte!

Hey man. That would be cool if you could tell me what company you are talking aobut. I thought you were talking about Acid, all the time.

Or are these loops the kind you can work in Acid also? I don't know anything about Acid, that's why I am asking.

I like the idea that they also got the more traditional/hip on it. It's something I have been wanting to play around with a lot more lately. I usually make my own, but it's not the same thing. Might be original but I'd like to use the more standard ones for kicks, and for quick work (like radio spots, jingles, etc)...

Is that cd you talk about very expensive? So much gear to buy...so little self control...

Juergen