Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 05-12-2004, 05:26 PM

Default PTFree - No hardware support, WTF?

When I try to run PT Free, I get a DAE error -225. This only occurs when I have my M-audio MobilePre USB selected as my sound I/0. Otherwise PT Free runs fine.

The problem is, since I have to disable my Input device, there is no way to get a regular signal into PT, besides MIDI, and I don't want MIDI, I want to record my keyboard and guitars.

What's the point of having PT Free if I can't record anything on it? Is there another way to get a signal from my instruments into PT? If not, will Digidesign please address this issue?

Thanks very much,
Joe

Mac OS 9.2.2 (not Classic)
733G4
768MB RAM
Old 05-13-2004, 12:29 PM

Default Re: PTFree - No hardware support, WTF?

From other discussions I've seen (including an old one in this forum (Search the term "DAE Error 225"), PTF returns that error when it's incompatible with an audio input device. There's also this post on another forum, where at least one user states that MobilePre is incompatible with PTF, & you can't help but notice that there's no mention of PTF on M-audio's site. Unless someone else has a solution, this may not be a workable HW/SW combination for you.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:54 PM

Damn, that sucks big time. I guess I bought this piece of hardware for nothing. Thanks for setting me straight, anyway.

Old 05-23-2004, 04:32 PM

Heya MuyRapido,
I was having the same issue with PTF using my M-Audio Audiophile USB. Although it's a royal PITA, I found that like other OS9 apps that don't run in Classic, there are certain compromises I have to make. For PTF, I have to settle for using either the input or output of the interface, never both; otherwise it'll crash on start-up in the midst of loading the DAE prefs. I guess it's a small blessing that I don't have to re-start every time I need to sswitch. Hope that helps,
Armond