Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 09-20-2021, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Promo for perpetual license holders

I'll be passing on this offer.

I've saved $200 on forgoing the Annual Avid Tax for my Vanilla PT in the last year. Another year on that will be $400 total.

A Pro Tools perpetual license (including a year's updates worth $200) is priced at under $600 so I'll likely go for that. Thus I'll have the latest Pro Tools, have an active plan (if the updates actually become worthwhile continuing with) and a spare Pro Tools license if I need (possibly for resale) for similar money.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 09-20-2021, 10:31 AM

I just got a very straightforward mail from Avid about what they're offering.

I have an expired 2020 perpetual license, and I can buy a 1-year subscription with current version and updates, plus Heat, innecircle and stuff, for $99. If I use it for a year and don't renew, I can go back to my old 2020 license and all will be like it is today.

If I renew after a year, it will cost $299 for the next year. Regular price.

So, it's a $99 teaser. Just like I posted earlier. But now Avid is more clear about it. They are also clearer in the Knowledgebase info

quote:
(Last paragraph is most important)

Q: If I purchase a Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate subscription at the promotional price, do I also get to keep my perpetual license?
A: Yes! You get to keep your perpetual license forever and you get a new annual subscription along with all the benefits that come with it, including over $1,600 in free plugins with the Pro Tools Inner Circle.

Q: With a Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate annual subscription, will I have access to Pro Tools Inner Circle rewards, HEAT analog console modeling, and the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle?
A: Yes! Pro Tools Inner Circle rewards ($1,600 USD value), HEAT, and the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle are included with Pro Tools subscriptions exclusively. They are not included with Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate perpetual licenses. However, you can enjoy them for the full year of your annual subscription, but will lose access to these rewards and plug-ins should you choose to let your annual subscription expire.

Q: If I choose to renew my Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate annual subscription, will I be able to do so at this promo price?
A: Promotional pricing is available one time only and is good for the first year of your subscription. If you choose to renew your annual subscription, subsequent years will be at full price.

Q: If I purchase a Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate subscription at the promotional price, will it extend my the Software Updates & Support Plan of my perpetual license?
A: No. This is a brand-new subscription with a separate license hence it will not extend your perpetual license’s Software Updates & Support plan.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:45 PM

No, thanks.
Old 09-24-2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
I just got a very straightforward mail from Avid about what they're offering.

I have an expired 2020 perpetual license, and I can buy a 1-year subscription with current version and updates, plus Heat, innecircle and stuff, for $99. If I use it for a year and don't renew, I can go back to my old 2020 license and all will be like it is today.

If I renew after a year, it will cost $299 for the next year. Regular price.

So, it's a $99 teaser. Just like I posted earlier. But now Avid is more clear about it. They are also clearer in the Knowledgebase info

quote:
(Last paragraph is most important)

Q: If I purchase a Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate subscription at the promotional price, do I also get to keep my perpetual license?
A: Yes! You get to keep your perpetual license forever and you get a new annual subscription along with all the benefits that come with it, including over $1,600 in free plugins with the Pro Tools Inner Circle.

Q: With a Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate annual subscription, will I have access to Pro Tools Inner Circle rewards, HEAT analog console modeling, and the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle?
A: Yes! Pro Tools Inner Circle rewards ($1,600 USD value), HEAT, and the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle are included with Pro Tools subscriptions exclusively. They are not included with Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate perpetual licenses. However, you can enjoy them for the full year of your annual subscription, but will lose access to these rewards and plug-ins should you choose to let your annual subscription expire.

Q: If I choose to renew my Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate annual subscription, will I be able to do so at this promo price?
A: Promotional pricing is available one time only and is good for the first year of your subscription. If you choose to renew your annual subscription, subsequent years will be at full price.

Q: If I purchase a Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate subscription at the promotional price, will it extend my the Software Updates & Support Plan of my perpetual license?
A: No. This is a brand-new subscription with a separate license hence it will not extend your perpetual license’s Software Updates & Support plan.
There are still some old perpetual Update and Support licenses at retailers for the regular rates (Vanilla is 299) which I believe would be the way to go if after trying the latest iteration you want to upgrade your perpetual license.

That is my plan anyway.
Old 09-24-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY View Post
There are still some old perpetual Update and Support licenses at retailers for the regular rates (Vanilla is 299) which I believe would be the way to go if after trying the latest iteration you want to upgrade your perpetual license.

That is my plan anyway.
Hi G4GTOBOY, What retailers still have the old perpetual Update and Support licenses? And does anyone know if they will still work? My perpetual license expired at 2019.10. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 09-24-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberti1 View Post
Hi G4GTOBOY, What retailers still have the old perpetual Update and Support licenses? And does anyone know if they will still work? My perpetual license expired at 2019.10. Any info would be appreciated.
https://www.sweetwater.com/c1108--Pro_Tools_Software

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...petual-license
Old 09-24-2021, 02:14 PM

it looks like renewal plans-meaning you have to have a current plan. I did not see the reinstate plans of which i bought two (for $199 each)in December 2019 when I let my perpetual license expired. The year they updated the renewal plan from $199 to 299 for a perpetual license.

So I now have gone almost two years. If I use one in December. Instead of $600 to keep up to date I would have paid only $199. I don't plan on using the first one yet though. Have not seen that much updated except for folders since December 2019.
UAD Apollo X8P With an extra 8 channel ADAT using
a Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56
UAD Twin duo
UAD TB3 Octo Satelite
Focal Twin Be monitors
samsung T5 and Gdrive
Old 09-24-2021, 02:32 PM

Thank you. I guess I thought you were talking about renewals for an expired license. There are no renewals for an expired perpetual license that I can see other than the education one. It looks like my only choice would be $599 for a new perpetual license which is way too much. I will not go subscription even for the $99 one year offer.

It's a bit depressing that I was never able to put my copy of Pro Tools on my Mac Book Pro "16 because it came with Catalina. My update plan ran out less than 2 months before the Catalina update. I really wish Avid would just give us the $300 renewal for expired licenses again but I guess they know what their doing.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:44 PM

Ask authorized Avid resellers, some of them may have old stock "reinstatement" codes still available. Avid stopped selling them long ago so I really do not know where to get one, but Avid promised if someone has unused code they will recognize it even if it is not used right away.
Old 09-24-2021, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberti1 View Post

You are on PT standard or Ultimate? The only one I can find is Ultimate reinstatement plans from Alto Music.

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D - BIOS F21b
Intel Core I9 10850K Windows11 / macOS 12.7.4 Hackintosh / 32GB of Rams
Avid Carbon/HDX 2024.3 Ultimate - 8x8x8 HD I/O - PT Dock - PT Control - Artist Mix (1)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin|X - UAD2 Pci-E and Satellite USB Octo v.11.0.1 - SOLO 610 - Twin-finity
Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.

Last edited by abc1mce2; 09-24-2021 at 11:26 PM.