Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 09-14-2021, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Can Anyone Verify / Advise? - Plugins / Delay Compensation / Timing / Downbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTGraham View Post
I inserted Voxengo's "Latency Delay" plugin in the track's first insert slot, figuring that I could manually adjust the audio signal's timing.
Lo and behold, with all of the plugin's settings at 0 - so no actual timing shift - everything suddenly magically lined up.
I think it was a function of Pro Tools considering the track as requiring delay compensation, instead of considering it to be a "realtime MIDI" stream that should be excluded from compensation.
This workaround doesn't always work. Sometimes something's still slightly off, dependent on the overall PDC topology of the session. But sometimes it does get everything in sync.
Thanks for this insight!!!!
Old 04-24-2022, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Can Anyone Verify / Advise? - Plugins / Delay Compensation / Timing / Downbeat

For anyone still struggling with this because AVID still didn't fix the PT-263943 bug: at least for side chaining, Cable Guys has released Kickstart 2 last week. And it has a key-chain input. This finally makes it possible to use this type of plugin in Pro Tools.

For all other types of midi-synced plugins like soundtoys tremolator, and arpeggiated virtual instrument patches, Pro Tools keeps messing things up because nothing has been fixed yet on AVID's side.

But this plugin could be useful, to have side-chain effects playing in sync in PT -finally- :) and it's only €14 / $16, so not that expensive at all.
Old 04-24-2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDorn View Post
For anyone still struggling with this because AVID still didn't fix the PT-263943 bug: at least for side chaining, Cable Guys has released Kickstart 2 last week. And it has a key-chain input. This finally makes it possible to use this type of plugin in Pro Tools.

For all other types of midi-synced plugins like soundtoys tremolator, and arpeggiated virtual instrument patches, Pro Tools keeps messing things up because nothing has been fixed yet on AVID's side.

But this plugin could be useful, to have side-chain effects playing in sync in PT -finally- :) and it's only €14 / $16, so not that expensive at all.
PS you'll need 2021.6 or HDX classic mode for this to work, because before 2021.6 , there was no such thing as automatic delay compensation for side-chain inputs in pro tools native.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2022.4 Release Notes

And the critical Pro Tools bug PT-263943 again hasn't seen any fix. How do modern music producers actually make music with Pro Tools?

Seems quite impossible to me, or at least a big headache adventure, when midi/bpm-synced plugins and arpeggiated virtual instrument patches are not delay compensated properly.
Having your production running out of sync and running into phase issues with pumper type of plugins etc, is not quite a fun way to produce music.
Old 03-09-2023, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Plugins / Delay Compensation / Timing / Downbeat [PT-263943]

Also having this problem.

Using PT and Effectrix, Stutter Edit.

The only "workaround" I found is that if you put the effect first on a track it will sync. But you cant put it on busses... because it is not first in the chain then. IF the plugin is after any ADC it will not sync basically
Old 03-23-2023, 04:46 PM

BUMP . Still an actual and unresolved bug that causes Pro Tools to be an incapable DAW for working with virtual instrument patches relying on midi/time-sync and the same for plugins that rely on midi/time-sync.(LFO Tool, Tremolator, OneKnob Pumper, AIR pumper, Effectrix, you name it)
The whole timing of your session falls apart once the number of samples to be delay compensated for in your session will add up, because pro tools just doesn't delay compensate properly here.
Old 03-27-2023, 04:06 AM

Default Re: 2023.3 Grid Problems [PT-299731]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Escalated to Engineering, thread stickied and bug# PT-299731 added.
While doing so, could you perhaps give a bump to "critical bug PT-263943" (support calls it critical, I don't know what critical means after years an years).

Sorry for getting off topic with this, but it really would be awesome if we could use Pro Tools for producing music as well, without the whole session getting out of sync because pro tools - after decades - still doesn't delay compensate properly for midi-sync. Thanks a lot already
Old 04-06-2023, 11:47 AM

I've been struggling with this bug for years, or rather with the fact that timebased fx plug ins (Duck, LFO Tools, Shaperbox, ...) and vst instruments with internal sequencers (Maschine, Kontakt Libs) are not correctly compensated for delay. I've described this here many times before. I am surprised that no more people see the scope of these problems. because these timebased plug-ins are extremely important for the modern mix workflow.

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=422056

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=417989

Frank
Old 04-09-2023, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn View Post
I've been struggling with this bug for years, or rather with the fact that timebased fx plug ins (Duck, LFO Tools, Shaperbox, ...) and vst instruments with internal sequencers (Maschine, Kontakt Libs) are not correctly compensated for delay. I've described this here many times before. I am surprised that no more people see the scope of these problems. because these timebased plug-ins are extremely important for the modern mix workflow.

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=422056

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=417989

Frank
It's amazing isn't it. Almost makes me wonder what people do with pro tools nowadays, or better said, what the kind of user base is that uses Pro Tools.
I stopped producing music with Pro Tools because of this long existing bug. For mixing, tracking live instruments//vocals, and editing, Pro Tools is still awesome. But it's definitely not the music producers that use Pro Tools all the way, otherwise this bug would have had way more attention than it does.
Old 06-08-2023, 07:41 AM

Any chance for a fix in the 2023.summer release? Michael Flores, Dice Naito??
This is driving a lot of us mad!!