Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-06-2001, 03:18 AM

Default A T-Racks24 question......

I am curious if this happened to anyone and how they rectified the problem. I have been using T-Racks24 without any problems until I upgraded my g4 from OS 8.6 to OS 9 and then for some reason it was no longer authorized and will only operate in demo mode. I have tried to re-authorize with no luck. I am a registered user. Also, I no longer use an external mixer and am curious how you get your T-Racks24 to play thru the Digi001? Any help is greatly appreciated since IK Multimedia isn't responding to my several requests.
Old 04-06-2001, 06:05 AM

Default Re: A T-Racks24 question......

the creators of t-racks are a bunch of crooks. the same thing happened to me when i installed os9.

i paid $298 for the version with the dongle, which still always works, and then upgraded to the 24 bit version for free, which uses challeng/response.

this system exists only to ensure that those of use that pay for software are hindered in every possible way, and lose many days of production due to the creators lack of forsight and concern.

simply, they are crooks.

when i emailed them about my predicament (which is apparently not that un common) they treated me like i was a criminal and made me wait over a week to get a new response.

this is unacceptable, as i am planning on getting a new drive and reinstalling the os on it.

this would put me in the same position again!

i am very mad at these people, and will NEVER buy another peice of software from these inconsiderate crooks again.

they never acknowledged my email expressing my frustration with their "copy protection".

i now have the original version installed, properly, with the challenge/response code legit.

i also have a "backup plan" of which i feel no guilt. this will ALWAYS work, as the protection has been somehow bypassed.

i PAID for this software, dammit, and i am going to USE it.

i recomend you do the same.

Old 04-06-2001, 07:13 AM

I recently just initialized my hard drive and reloaded OS 9.0.4 and all programs including T-Racks which asked me for a authorizing response and I entered the one I got originally and it worked fine. I know when I upgraded from 8.6 at first I did not initialize the drive and start over and things did not work right until I did.

Hope this helps,
Jason
Old 04-07-2001, 05:42 AM

I have emailed them 3 times in the past week with no response. Although I plan on getting the program to work again, especially since I spent my hard earned $$$ on it, there lack of appreciation for having customers in such a competitive world is quite bothersome. I do agree that the program was simpler even with the dongle which I still have. I may have to try and initialize my drive to see if that helps. I will never get rid of my outboard gear.
Old 04-07-2001, 05:44 AM

Also, I don't remember ever receiving any type of challenge/response. Another footnote, it took me 6 weeks after downloading the upgrade to get a digital ID fix from them.
Old 04-07-2001, 10:57 AM

I too did a Mac OS 8.6 to 9.1 upgrade...and when I tried to open T-Racks, it told me to enter my authorization code...but it was already written in the dialog box...but, my Digital ID was totally different and you can't change that.
I called and talked to Greg, but he acted like this problem is the first he's ever heard of ....and I e-mailed support...
So now I'm waiting to get this problem solved and it has been a week so far......
If anyone knows a fix for this, please let me in on it
Old 04-07-2001, 11:44 AM

You have to reinitialize your hard drive when upgrade from system 8.6 to 9.04 or 9.1 or when you do any major system upgrade. The old de-authorization code is still there untill you reinitialize. This will prevent future system problems and allow you to reinstall you T-Racks. I had the same problem with another company and the dumb authorization problem. The customer support treated me like I was some kind of crook even though I bought their software and registered it. I emailed them, called them long distance 5 times and still didn't get a response for 3 week and only after telling them that I had obtained a "cracked copy" and I won't need their help anymore. This prompted an immediate response! Even though I don't use software I don't own, I now have "crack copies" of all my software that requires authorization to avoid these kind of problems. You can find someone (my 17 year old nephew made my copies) to make "cracks" of all your software if they know what they are doing. This will enable you to install, reinstall etc without having to type in codes, etc. I have spent over $9,000.00 on software in the past 4 years for my music and other business. There is nothing more irrating to me than being in the middle of a session and having to find a disk or a code to type in while using a program. It is unfortunate that there are people out there who steal software and make it harder for all of us. Make sure whoever makes your "cracks" knows what they are doing.