Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 09-24-2021, 11:43 AM

Default Problems with "Save Copy In" from Network Storage

I recently joined onto a small team at a studio doing mix prep in sessions. I access all of our sessions off of an external drive that's connected to the main studio computer (iMac). But as of recently I've been going into sessions directly on the drive then using "Save Copy In" to copy the session to my computer to work on the sessions rather than be limited to the hard drive speed through the network. But when I load into the copied session, literally nothing is there ("955 audio files missing", etc.) They're all there in the copied session folder, but not in the actual session. Relinking does not work either. There's gotta be something we're messing up here! (Edit: When I just copy the session folder from the drive to my computer, everything is there, but Save Copy In simply does not work.)
Old 09-27-2021, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Problems with "Save Copy In" from Network Storage

Things I would try:
1-repair disk permissions
2-check that the drive is designated as a record volume(check the PT help files for how to do this).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-28-2021, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Problems with "Save Copy In" from Network Storage

Did you check 'audio files' in the 'items to copy' section?

A workaround would be to create an empty session on your local disk and import session data from the target session. (With a copy or force to target)