Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 08:11 AM

Default Re: WHEN IS LEOPARD SUPPORT COMING?!?!

Quote:
Well lwilliam, at least apple will come out with an update that works properly for those people that run logic, than digidesign will for protools.

Hey bottom line, whatever enables you to make music is the tool of use.

...and you know this how? Your extensive experience with both companies? There are bugs in Logic since version 5 that haven't been fixed yet. Since Leopard was in beta when LP8 came out, you'd think it would work better than any other app, but it doesn't. How many people have switched from Logic to PT, DP or even Cubase because Apple has been totally unresponsive to the PROFESSIONAL user community?

My 9 years of experience with Protools and Digi says that when they do finally put it out and officially support it, it will work just fine.

Why don't you stop trolling and go have fun with Garageband Pro, er Logic Studio. Just don't expect anyone from Apple to actually respond to any complaints. It hasn't happened in 4-5 years of Apple owning Logic, and it's not likely to...

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:15 AM

Getting information from Sam Ash and/or Guitar Center is clearly not reliable at all - I'd rather call up my great aunt and ask her when 7.4 will be Leopard compatible.

It will be ready when it's ready, and not before. You can check every day/hour, but mostly you'll just get amusing reading from all the posts. However, you do have several options.

1. You can leave Pro Tools and go to another software (you won't be missed by Digi, but no whining when there's less customer support from Apple and/or others). Garageband is free, Logic Express is under $200. Enjoy.

2. Upgrade now at your own peril, although the DUC is littered with cases of success and sorrow. As I've posted before, I'm not a pro musician, don't earn my living from music (I'd starve) but needed Leopard to remotely administer my parent's Mac as their resident IT guru. My G5 and 002R are working, although the MIDI timing issue is apparent (don't think that's leopard-related). Before I upgraded, I did at least read to see if similar setups as mine were having success.

3. You wait until the update comes out

4. You wait 1-2 weeks after the update comes out and everyone posts on the DUC if it works or not (usually my preferred route).

For those with new hardware that won't run Tiger, you've got 1 less option from above.

I'm curious - of the posters in this forum, how many pro musicians that depend on music for a living out there bought upgraded to a new machine that wasn't qualified to run Pro Tools? Most studios I know are laggers on updating/upgrading, because if it works, don't mess with it - downtime means no $$.
2019 16" MBP, 32GB, 1TB SSD; OSX 10.15.7; 4TB USB-C G-Tech External
Summit Audio 2BA-221, TLA-50 -->Focusrite 18i20 3rd Gen, Eleven Rack, Pro Tools 2021.3
Plugins, Virtual Instruments, and real ones
Old 03-04-2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
why doesn't a Ford have all those cool features that the Mercedes has? They just don't - it's meant to meet a price point or fit a particular need or some other reason that the company decides upon.
Yeh. But even Ford has looked at customer requests, marketplace competition and advances in technology and added ADC.......er, I mean GPS.......to several models.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Avid

I think all that can be said has been said here, so we're locking this thread.

We'll update you in a new thread as info becomes available.
Closed Thread