Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Audio Record or Playback Volume Error Info

Hey Guys, I skimmed the whole topic and couldn't see any mention of this, so apologies if it's already been said, but...

This playback volume (in the Workspace menu) issue was easily remedied for me by trashing the folder "DAE Prefs" and the file with "digidesign.plist" in the filename. (i.e. the ProTools prefs file). Before doing so, I couldn't change the volume from "T" to "R", and after trashing those files, it works.

So, you may not have to back-up and reformat!!!

Hope this helps some people.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:14 PM

I just purchased a Mac G4 laptop with a 80 gig 5400 rpm internal HD, and am trying to run Pro Tools M-Box 6.9
will the Internal drive handle this? It is saying not an audio record volume

Thank you
Old 03-08-2006, 02:04 PM
Avid

Quote:
I just purchased a Mac G4 laptop with a 80 gig 5400 rpm internal HD, and am trying to run Pro Tools M-Box 6.9
will the Internal drive handle this? It is saying not an audio record volume

Thank you
What OS version are you running? If it's Tiger version 10.4 or higher then you will need to update to Pro Tools 6.9.2 or higher for compatibility.

The internal drives are typically too slow to do more than a few tracks, so you probably will want to get an external drive to record and playback from.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:46 PM

I keep getting an error message when I try to record new tracks to my
external hard drive. ProTools can read my old sessions, and I can edit
and save existing tracks, but I can't write to it, even though I could
before. The specific message is "can't complete request because of
Assertion in "CNeolnode.cpp", line 1242. I checked Answerbase and it
wasn't helpful...just curious if you've ever encountered this problem
or something similar (oh, I reinstalled PT 7.0 and it didn't work). If
you could help that's be great..lemmee know.

Matt
P.S. I checked in Workspace, and my external (partitioned) hard drive is marked "R", so, unfortunately, that's not the issue.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:08 AM
Avid

Quote:
I keep getting an error message when I try to record new tracks to my
external hard drive. ProTools can read my old sessions, and I can edit
and save existing tracks, but I can't write to it, even though I could
before. The specific message is "can't complete request because of
Assertion in "CNeolnode.cpp", line 1242. I checked Answerbase and it
wasn't helpful...just curious if you've ever encountered this problem
or something similar (oh, I reinstalled PT 7.0 and it didn't work). If
you could help that's be great..lemmee know.

Matt
P.S. I checked in Workspace, and my external (partitioned) hard drive is marked "R", so, unfortunately, that's not the issue.
Please start with the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting sticky at the top of this forum, specifically those areas on trashing preference and database files.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:42 AM

i've read through this thread, but i don't think my problem has been mentioned. i am trying to record using pro tools LE 6.8.1 on a 15" PB running MacOSX 10.3.9. i want to record to the internal harddrive and it is set to 'R' in the workspace window. when i press record, it does actually start recording and i get a level signal, but when i then stop a message comes up saying: NeoAccess Error. could not complete requested task... this error message also comes up when PT tries to autosafe backup sessions every five minutes. any suggestions? i have previously recorded onto the internal hd without any problems. oh yes, and i have also tried to trash preferences and repair disk permissions to no avail. thanks.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Avid

Please start with the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting sticky at the top of this forum, specifically those areas on trashing preference and database files.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:42 AM

Please ignore my previous ramblings.... bad day..
In case this helps:
'no audio record volume' error suddenly started appearing in PTLE 6.7 on PowerbookG4 OS 10.3.6, after backing up to Lacie 160G Ext HD. Changing Audio preference from Playback to Record in the Show Workspace window sorted it out.
thanks digi for your patience
Old 06-21-2006, 05:11 PM

so im having similar trouble as most people here. ive been using pro tools le 6.7 on my desktop pc, with a lot of latency issues, so i upgraded to a faster and better mac notebook...the macbook, not the pro version tho. its a 2.0 Ghz pentium duo processor and has a gig of ram and is running os x 10.4.6. i installed pt 6.7 and and upgraded to 6.9.2 via the internet download. i got pt to open but i cant save /start a new session b/c neither my mac hd nor my iomega external hd is an audion record drive. so i went into the workspace window and tried to set either drive to audio record. the "V" column both are set to R, but neither one will let me put an R in the "A" column. a message comes up saying that i can not set this drive to audio record because it is not a valid audio volume. i tried all the suggestions on this web site except reformatting, seeing that the mac hd is already set to mac os extended (journaled). i tried repairing permissions. i tried reinstalling and repairing permissions after every download. i even tried restarting between every single install. i tried uninstalling ableton live and reason adapted. so now im at loss. please help. thanks
Old 06-22-2006, 01:02 AM

I'm having the exact same problem...looking for any advice!
Closed Thread