Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-10-2003, 09:50 AM

Default Multi I/O hookup and Sync help

Hi all

I am having trouble getting my new setup to work. Any comments or suggestions would sure help me.

I have a Mix TDM with a farm DSP card. 2 888/24's and a new 1622. I had the 2 888's on the Mix core card synced together with a Y cable. Worked fine. Now I would like to connect the 1622 and sync it. I am currently playing with different connections but have not found a working solution. Can someone suggest the correct way for sync and connection?

Thanks a whole lot

Mike A
Old 05-10-2003, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Multi I/O hookup and Sync help

Update
I have connected only the 1622 to the Mix Core. Sync set to internal. I can monitor audio out while the machine is booting up. When it starts to load extensions I loose Audio out. Also The settings wont change in the hardware setup window ( channel 1,2 spif toanalog or 44 to 48) I'm using PT 5.1.1. when I start PT and direct some audio to output A1,2 I get nadda. Kinda like this list.

Pretty please with sugar on top. Any ideas?

Buy a Fostex 2 track cassette recorder?
Invest in Enron?
Have dinner with the French and German leaders?
Old 05-11-2003, 12:01 AM

Well After searching some more I found out I need to connect my 1622 to my Mix Core and only one of my 888/24's to my DSP farm card. Looks like I need another DSP farm for my other 888/24. Right now I have the 1622 set to internal sync and my sync cable going out from there to my 888/24. It's still not working but until I get any other info I'll still keep trying and reading.

Any info would still be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike A
Old 05-11-2003, 05:57 PM

well I have studied the whole dam digi wesite. Go ahead...ask me a question and I'll give you the page, paragraph and URL link . I even memorized the HTML code for every page. Still didnt find my answer for my problem above. At this point in time I would like to thank all on this list who have poured there unconditional time, thoughts and energy into trying to solve and answer my questions. I am very grateful. I'm sure I'll keep getting responses from all you folks but really, all these suggestions will take me weeks to try. As Steve Martin once said. "I would like to thank each and every one of you" THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU