Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2003, 03:44 PM

Default DUY Analog Bundle 3.1 - Doesn\'t Work

Did anyone else upgrade their DUY Analog bundle under OSX HD. Now neither plug works and I get an error saying that I do not have enough DSP - even though I am running HD 3.

The DUY site is down and I haven't heard a response.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:33 PM

Default Re: DUY Analog Bundle 3.1 - Doesn\'t Work

I've been trying to contact someone at DUY for three days to get an upgrade on my Global Bundle to current HD and OSX versions and have had no reply. Something must be up in Barcelona.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:33 PM

Default Re: DUY Analog Bundle 3.1 - Doesn\'t Work

I've been trying to upgrade my 2.0 plugs to 3.1 for two days. They uploaded the authorisations to my ilok account, but for some reason when I try to transfer the "assets" I get Your ilok is either not registered or it is not inserted into a USB port , or your not wearing the right color shirt for this day of the week! F******!
I've spent a LOT of time trying to figure out the problem. Apparently everytime I register the "ilok" PACE sees a different serial# and then shows a "new ilok as having been registed. Get this, when I go to identify this ilok, isays it can't because it is not registered! So I register it again, and again and again............It's a mess.It does however show all the authorisations on the ilok, but at the end of the registration process I get a -20501 error.I called PACE and they say they have never seen anything like this and are looking into it
Anyway, in the mean time wondering if you guys got the 3.1's to work and if you were able to download them from the DUY site, the OSX download area says it is offline I emailed them - no responce. Xavier usually responds to email obviously something is wrong. (does this happen often?)
Thanks,
David
Old 10-25-2003, 02:42 AM

Default Don\'t Panic!

Remember the Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy...

First, the most important thing is that the authorizations have been deposited on your account. That's your money!
Secondly, iLoks have been known to be tricky buggers and the iLok cgi scripts that transfer the authorizations don't work on all systems so:

Try to install it on another computer putting the iLok in the other system. If it's an OSX machine make sure MS IE is the default browser and follow the onscreen instructions. Don't worry, you won't loose your auth's! The iLok account is only affected when a succesful transfer to the iLok has taken place. So keep trying and if that doesn't work - buy a new iLok and try again. It's a drag with multiple iLoks but with the fickle nature of these beasts having your four figure investment spread out over a few of these plastic things might not be such a bad idea after all.

If things still don't work - then you have a problem. But I hope the above will work for you...
Old 10-25-2003, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Don\'t Panic!

I'm trying not to panic-thanks.
You are right, at least the authorizations are there, now if I could get the 3.1 updates:)

'Try to install it on another computer putting the iLok in the other system. If it's an OSX machine make sure MS IE is the default browser and follow the onscreen instructions. Don't worry, you won't loose your auth's! The iLok account is only affected when a succesful transfer to the iLok has taken place.'
I've done every thing you suggest- to no avail.

The latest , after going back and forth with PACE via email and phone is that the ilok must be defective. At their expense (and mine of course) they want me to fedex the ilok to them via priority mail where upon they will then send me a new one. ( in all honesty they have been helpful, so far) They claim they will be able to send the new one out the same day that they receive mine. I am pretty nervous about sending this thing through the mail, with it's 27 authorizations on it. They do however have a record of them in my ilok account, so I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed. (Gotta luv the ilok)
The DUY OSX upgrade page is still down..seems like quite a long siesta. They don't answer my emails either.
Thanks for the help,
David